Stuck at Matching Packages... Please wait

I just installed HPM for the first time and it's stuck at "Matching Packages... Please wait..." and a bunch of "Refreshed" messages.

I tried removing HPM and reinstalling with the same result.

How can I fix this?

Here's the log:

Hubitat Package Manager
Developed by: DCMeglio
Current Version: v1.9.0 - © 2020 Dominick Meglio

Matching Installed Apps and Drivers
Matching packages... Please wait...
Refreshed Dave Gutheinz(DavGut)
[cut]
Refreshed Jonathan Fields

Someone saw this recently and had to wait quite a while, but it eventually did work. They waited overnight, though it possibly finished sooner; I'd suggest at least a few hours.

Ok I'll try to be patient.

Thanks!

HPM is reading 604 Packages from 141 contributors (as of today) and each of those 745 reads has a timeout of 300 seconds (5 minutes). Most of the Locations of those reads is out on GitHub and if there's a large outage, then 5 mins multiplies out to a very large number.

You see displayed 141 reads initiated, it's possible that some of them have not yet completed and it can't start reading the 604 Packages, so it sits there waiting for timeouts.

This method assures us that the very latest Package Manifests are read and used. Fast Search on the other hand runs against a DB that is refreshed (with those same 754 reads) every 20 mins. (Top of the hour, and then on minute 20 and minute 40.) I manually ran it at :30 to just get an idea about availability. I found nothing wrong.

I'd suggest simply clicking the Apps menu item on the left and starting over. You need to use the Apps menu item because you want to bring in a new instance into the Hub's memory.

2 Likes