Strange Tradfi bulb and remote behaviour when trying to add to C-8

Let me set my stall out... I have two of each of the following:

Model LED1624G9 - TRADFRI bulb E14 CWS opal 600lm
Model E1810 - TRADFRI Remote Control

The first bulb and remote work perfectly. I have successfully added the bulb to the C-8, added the remote to the C-8 AND paired the remote to the bulb so that the remote talks directly to the bulb.

I did the following:

1. Power cycled the bulb 6 times, added it to the C-8
  2. Clicked the button on the back of the remote 4 times, added it to the C-8
  3. Held the remote close to the bulb and held the button on the back for 10 seconds to pair it to the bulb.

This all works fine, I can control the bulb via the C-8 and the remote, I've updated the bulb firmware to 117C-2803-23093631 from the C-8 and I've updated the remote firmware from the C-8 to 117C-11C1-24040005.

Everything sounds great yeah? Well, I simply can not get this process to work with the other bulb and remote!

I can add the bulb and remote to the C-8 by doing steps 1 and 2 above.

When it comes to step 3, the remote refuses to pair with the bulb once the bulb has been paired with the C-8.

If I reset the bulb and remote and then pair the remote to the bulb without pairing either of them to the C-8 the remote works fine controlling the bulb,

I just can't get this second set of bulb and remote to work like my first set!

I've connected the bulb and the remote to the C-8 and updated both of their firmware, all of the remotes have fresh batteries.

What else can I try?

I have both IKEA Tradfri Control Outlet (E1603) and IKEA Tradfri On/Off Switch (E1743) paired to C7. Bought them together in the same package from IKEA.

If I press the pairing button on the back of the remote for 10 seconds while keeping it really close to the outlet, they communicate for some time cause I see both their LEDs blinking. After the blinking stops, I cannot control the outlet using the remote, so it seems like a waste of time.

I eavesdropped to their conversation and this is how it went:

1. Remote broadcasted: ZCL Touchlink: Scan Request
  2. Outlet replied: ZCL Touchlink: Scan Response
  3. Remote asked: ZCL Touchlink: Device Information Request
  4. Outlet replied: ZCL Touchlink: Device Information Response
  5. Remote ordered: ZCL Touchlink: Identify Request
  6. Remote ordered: ZCL Groups: Remove all Groups
  7. Outlet said: ZCL: Default Response (Success)
  8. Remote ordered: ZCL Groups: Add Group
  9. Outlet complied: ZCL Groups: Add Group Response
  10. Remote ordered: ZCL Identify: Trigger Effect (Blink)
  11. Outlet complied: Default Response (Success)

That's all, not very helpful. So the mystery remains :slight_smile: