Still issues Eaton Master Dimmer (RF9640 direct association capable)

Release 2.2.9 has the new Eaton Master Dimmer (RF9640 direct association capable) driver but why are my lights still not turning all the way off? Had to reload the Any Z-Wave Dimmer Driver v1.18 with hack. This just continues to be a disappointing project. On top of that two of the switches will not turn on and off from the physical switch only through the hubitat interface.

1 Like

I don't use associations, so I don't have a comment about that. I also don't have any of these switches, so I am going by experience with other Zwave switches.

Your switch not turning on and off physically is very unlikely to be due to the hub, or a driver. The only possible relationship is if there is a parameter in the switch itself that was set through Hubitat, but that isn't the "fault" of the hub if it was changed.

Again, maybe an incorrectly set parameter? Going by loading the driver without having this actual switch, it appears that the parameters aren't exposed within this driver. So you can't see (or adjust) anything that is set "incorrectly". You can use the Basic Zwave Tool and check/set these to see if something is not "correct".

Here is the instruction sheet which lists the parameters. https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=Manuals/3152/RF9640-N%20and%20RF9642-Z%20Instruction%20Sheet.pdf

And here is the Basic Zwave tool driver. You change to this driver temporarily, get the parameters (they are in the Logs) and you can then send a new parameter if desired. Super basic Z-Wave parameter tool

Not sure you resolved your issue... I had the same, I found a temporary fix some times ago... I posted here : Eaton RF9640-N Z-Wave Plus Univeral Smart Dimmer - #8 by jeppi