Stelpro STZW402WB on Google Home

I've been using the generic z-wave thermostat driver since getting started with Hubitat over the last week, but also came across the following custom driver which is a little more device specific.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ymerj/Hubitat-miscellaneous/main/Stelpro%20KI%20Zwave.groovy

The only thing it doesn't do, is make it to Google Home, resulting in: The following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Bedroom Thermostat]

From what little I've been able to understand of the Capability and Attribute requirements, it looks like it should work.

Any suggestions on what I'm not seeing or need to add for it to work?

Tagging @ymerj since that’s his repo. He might have a suggestion other than what I’m thinking I would do.

1 Like

It is working with Google Home on my setup. Did you press "Configure" after you change the driver?

I did, but I'll run through the steps again. If you're confirming it works as a last resort I'll unpair one and start from scratch before running through the whole house again

If it allready paired, there is no need to redo it. Did it work with the inbuilt generic driver?

Also, does your "Current States" look like this:

Capture d’écran du 2024-03-12 18-56-52

Especially the supported thermostat modes

It works with the built-in driver but I really prefer having the Eco mode working as intended. Especially during the summer it avoids the accidents of heating and cooling at the same time.

No joy. I even tried the 'clean driver' to wipe the states and re-apply the driver.

What about the current states?

This is odd. I just added another thermostat to GH to test and I got the same message as you but the thermostat I allready had setup in GH are still there and working.

It's always a relief to know it's not just me being an idiot :upside_down_face:

Totally possible google has changed something and buried the details god knows where.

I modified the driver. It should work with GH now. Don't forget to press "configure" after changing the driver for the new one.

Note: Setting the mode to "off" will put the thermostat in eco mode.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the quick turn around.
It's late. Will confirm tomorrow.

Success!
:muscle:

2 Likes

Can you share what change you made?
I have similar mysterious problems with Google Home - some Tuya/Aqara thermostats are exposed just fine in my test environment, but doesn't work for others?

@kkossev The Stelpro baseboard thermostat has only one real setting: HEAT. From my tests, it looks like GH expect a thermostat to have both heat and cool settings (and a value for it in the currrent state). In this case, I forced the driver to set this state and to mirror the coolingSetpoint to the heatingSetpoint.

Edit: thermostatSetpoint should be set also.

1 Like