Static IPs

Correct. I can log in as admin. It's just that there is no function to set a static IP and this is confirmed with 3BB. Incredible but true. I do like the solution Ryan mentions too mind you, for hotel Chromecast usage. I wasn't aware of either this or the ability to serve out DHCP using an rPi. Will check into that because I have one in the property for other reasons. Thanks guys as always for the insights.

Just checking into Pi-hole (for DHCP) and one article I've read states that the RPi must also be on a fixed IP address for it to work. Which means I'm back to square one again, right?

Yes, it must be because you have to assign it as your DHCP server and you wouldn't want to have to have to update that everywhere if it changed.

Yeah, exactly. I think I have to use the router/gateway provided because it has the fibre input/cable atta he'd coming through the wall. What I did in my other house before was attach another router (that could fix IP addresses) with a Lan cable to it and it seemed to work OK. Can't remember what I did to set it up. But will try that again. Need to get my brother in-law around. He's a networks guy so hopefully he can find a way.