Starting Over

Make sure they are on firmware 1.2.

1 Like

I get the same results with a group and a virtual switch. To try and keep all my processing "local" i set up a virtual switch that turn off a group or I also tried a bunch of individual switches. it worked for 2 days. now none of the virtual switches are triggered anymore. same thing that happened last time. I am basically back to using my hubitat as a connection point and having o use the alexa routines for everything if i want it to be reliable. uggggg...

I figured this one out! LOL. i need a virtual switch for each action - on / off because if some lights are on, and i have not used the command "all lights on" previously, the switch is already off. maybe a button will work better...

Set the switch to automatically turn off using the preferences in the device edit page. Using the turning on of the switch to trigger your actions.

You may need two switches, one to turn the lights on and one for off.

Two switches with a reset was the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well. I reset everything. I have tried virtual switches. I had previously tried groups. Same results. It works for a day or two and then just stops working. logging never shows the commands come through and half the time nothing happens if it does. I can only assume its the Alexa integrations and thats a deal breaker for me. I just cant keep removing and re-adding all these devices twice a week. so now mu hubitat is simply a connection point for devices and I am now limited to the automations in Alexa :frowning: Thanks everyone for your help and ideas. It was a fun ride and I learned a lot.

Have you ever contacted support? support@hubitat.com

What you are seeing isn't normal, and there may be something that they can see or recommend that will help.

I’ll try it

@danpirro

It would still be helpful if you posted a screenshot of your z-wave details page

2 Likes

Of course!

Your locks look a bit suspect. They should have outbound nodes as well as your garage motion sensor should as well. The rest of it looks ok...

Is this a C-5? If so, then AFAIK, ghosts (and stranded nodes) won't show up in the table.

You'll need a secondary controller to confirm there are no ghosts.

Edit: I had multiple stranded nodes on my C-5. And I needed a secondary controller to determine their presence as well as remove them. Hubitat support may be able to see them - so it is definitely a good idea to get in touch with them.

2 Likes

They should have an out node if paired properly.

1 Like

But stranded nodes will not show in the z-wave table (ones that were deleted as devices but not properly excluded).

2 Likes

Tru dat'

1 Like

Around here, we say "Who Dat!", especially on game day (like today).

2 Likes

Meh, don't watch sports....

1 Like

They’re buttery and people told me that’s normal

Logging enabled. It just keeps looping and looping through each device hundreds of times