St Patrick's Day Sale price

I'm shaking my head after the last email from Hubitat with the sale price for St Patrick's Day of $164.95 for the Hubitat C8 Pro. Just a few weeks ago, on January 26th, I got an email from Hubitat for the introductory price of $179.95. NOW, it's on sale for $164.95 or roughly $15 less.

Come on guys, first the surprise introduction of the C8 Pro on the heels of the C8 and now we're talking WEEKS after the C8 Pro email with a lower price today, March 16th. Someone in sales needs to get a handle on this. Yes, I love Hubitat and have had it since the C5 and can't praise this community enough but these pricing strategies are coming from left field.

You're surprised by a holiday-oriented sale? Lots of places do such a thing.

6 Likes

Yep, $15 less now.. Time to buy another one so that your Average cost drops by $7.50.

:smiley: :smiley:

6 Likes

Guess what - Right around after Thanksgiving, I predict a possibly even lower price!!..

Hand wringing over $15 (with two exclaimation marks!!) - Seems a tad overwrought, at least to me.

6 Likes

It's not the $15 , heck smart devices cost much more, its just the principle. In my mind an introductory price would be cheaper then a sale price , but i guess I'm wrong. I feel sorry for those that purchased the C8 and would have liked to purchase the C8 pro instead. OK , sorry about the two exclamation marks Lolo. It's not a deal breaker just wanted to question the sales department way of doing things - Good for those who are jumping into purchasing the C8 Pro now and saving a little money, it's a great product and YES worth the money.

OK removed the two exclamation marks -lolol - it wasn't right , as you said ,hand wringing over $15

1 Like

Try buying it from Canada and being charged import fees…$164.95 would be an even better deal! (If no conversion of course…) :wink:

ya know I get the c8 c8 pro thing in a kind of sort of way but as far as sale price???? Are you the guy that when butter is on sale for $2 you buy a bunch and brag to your freinds how cheap you got it but if you paid $2.50 and it goes on sale fo 2 you blame the company for screwing you? FYI if sale prices were always the same people would NEVER feel the need to buy a sale becuase it would be the same later

No I'm not that type of guy lolo. I wish I never said anything about it. All I was trying to get across was I THOUGHT an introductory offer for a new product would be less expensive then a future sale price, especially one that was only a few weeks ago PERIOD.

Now that I'm getting responses about buying butter I know now my meaning was misinterpreted. Any sale price is good for the consumer.

Whatever the reason. Hopefully my HE pro will be here in 7 days. You guys are lucky with the pricing down there. My shipping alone is $60. Not even sure what custom cost will be this time around.

1 Like

I just bought a second C8 Pro for $179 on March 6. Considered waiting to a holiday weekend because historically Hubitat has celebrated all holidays with a sale but all good $15 is going to a good company that I hope continues to flourish as I have been a customer for over 6 years now and I want to stay around.

5 Likes

If we got a case of Guinness or other Irish tiple I'd consider the offer.... :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.