SSL Error Refreshing Repositories

Hi all. I went to check for updates within HPM today and got an Unexpected Error. When I viewed the logs, I'm seeing the following:

2023-03-24 04:56:39.838 PMerrorjava.lang.NullPointerException: 
Cannot get property 'repositories' on null object on line 3937 
(method prefSettings)

2023-03-24 04:56:39.814 PMinfoSkip download of 
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/hubitat-packagerepositories/master/repositories.json: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: validity check failed Please notify the package developer.

I don't know if this is related to GitHub's SSH Key Change that was announced, but there is definitely something up here. I've made no changes to HPM in months and have not run into this before.

Any assistance on this would be great. Thank you!

1 Like

I tried an Update and a Matchup. Both worked for me. Here's the Matchup logs showing there are faults the Developers need to resolve, but HPM skips right on by:

Null for Repositories is usually a sign that DNS failed... that the hub can't resolve the address for github.
Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 2.16.08 PM

The same area of the program works fine in my logs:

app:897 2023-03-24 02:11:20.189 PM debug Update chosen
app:897 2023-03-24 02:11:16.824 PM info  Refreshing repository list
1 Like

I was seeing the same error as @MacStainless but it seems to have sorted itself out. I just checked for updates and it was fine.

1 Like

Looks like it’s sorted for me too. No clue what happened.

Maybe it was my PiHole? Can’t imagine it was because it’s never affected HPM before.

Maybe some weird DNS going on with the interwebz. Dunno. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate the replies here that tried to help. I do appreciate it!! Thank you.

1 Like

Humph I’m having similar errors in the last couple days when opening HPM from Apps. On multiple hubs, I’m seeing the below. Anyone seeing similar?

app:22023-09-04 11:23:51.698 PMerrorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'repositories' on null object on line 3949 (method prefSettings)

app:22023-09-04 11:23:51.415 PMinfoSkip download of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/hubitat-packagerepositories/master/repositories.json: java.net.UnknownHostException: raw.githubusercontent.com: Temporary failure in name resolution Please notify the package developer.

That's the answer... your hub isn't able to do a name lookup. You've got it somehow blocked by a firewall probably. pfSense has been a popular firewall to misconfigure. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello.

Just started seeing the same error this morning. Nothing changed on my end

Never mind. Seem to have resolved itself. But still slow to load.