Speed test and networking questions

Gotta stick your hub's IP address in where it says "[your hub's IP]"

It should display some routing info about your zigbee mesh. Helpful for diagnostics.

lol sorry shows I am a newbie

Hey you managed to figure out how to do a soft reset and restore... that's not bad!

These are the new Aqara E1 contact sensors (MCCGQ14LM) that do not work with Hubitat (do not work with SmartThings also). They are locked to Aqara hub. Can be used in HomeAssistant / deConz w/ a Zigbee stick modified firmware.

5 Likes

Aha! Thanks! You just saved us an awful lot of trouble.

1 Like

thank you, does anyone want some cheap aqara sensors lol. Thank you for your troubles new sonoff contact sensor landing tomorrow

1 Like

You've got light bulbs acting as repeaters, that can sometimes cause problems too

3 Likes

Sold 4 Aqara buttons, and an Aqara motion sensor on eBay and replaced them with Sonoff.

You asked what others have done :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Your mesh is starved for some good quality repeaters; the getChildandRouteinfo Neighbor Table posted show none with a strong connection to the hub. You want to see LQI's approach 255 (they indicate how strong a signal the hub is getting from the repeater) and outCost (a measure of how well the hub's signal is getting to the repeater) in the range of 1 to 3, but nonzero.

Not all the devices need to show good figures here, but if none of them do, you'll have issues.

Recommendations depend on what products you have access to, a search on the forum for 'good Zigbee repeater' should come up with a few.

4 Likes

thank you I will grab a couple of the sonoff repeaters too

@postmanjess

Yeah this ia something that will definitely cause issues. Especially if someone turns them off! I'd recommend either ditching them altogether or putting them on a separate hub. I use a hue hub for this purpose - not sure if those bulbs will work on a hue hub or not. But lightbulbs are notorious disrupters of meshed networks (except for Sengled).

1 Like

the only lamps I have as repeaters our 3 Ajax gu10s they our constantly powered, every other light repeater is a sonoff or aeotec relay, our the relay repeaters no good? what does the age incost and outcast mean on the zigbee devices?

Here's a post I made a while back that might help with age :

InCost of a link is basically a mapping of the LQI figure into a range of numbers from 1 to 7, lower numbers indicating better signal reception at the hub; whereas outCost numbers are indicative of reception at the remote end of the link (at the receiver of the repeater), derived from that repeater's measure of its own LQI (which isn't displayed).

2 Likes

I decided to go with the tuya repeaters I have 2 on there way thinking of buying a third. I got my sonoff contact sensor added without any problem at all. but now I am having trouble with the Automation I play with the expressions saying is has to be closed or not open ect and it messes up everything as is won't even stop in the time set by the rule when using expressions

Surly that should have worked

No, that rule is not expected to work. The required expression will always be false on account of being incorrectly constructed.

1 Like

still working on the logic I only want the door to be able to open when the contact is closed to prevent the door from jaming and braking as using liner actuator for door Control and need to prevent all commands to open stoped until its closed as its for a smart hoover. I have days the the logic seems to make sense but then I step into a new bit and nothing makes sense

You need to get rid of the AND in the required expression as there is only one condition.