[SPECIAL EDITION] Most Popular devices elevated by Community Efforts

Other: Hubitat package manager, Device Watchdog, Hubigraph (no one has taken up the mantle yet), and Unofficial ring connect

7 Likes

All of the above :grin:

3 Likes

Device Integrations:

• Google SDM API
  • Google Home Community
8 Likes

I voted other for HPM. Echo speaks was a close second.

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. There are so many great apps that enhance user experience, such as Hubitat Package Manager. For more details on community maintained apps, please check out the following category: Custom Apps - Hubitat

This special edition covers hundreds of community based drivers that are currently running on the Hubitat Elevation platform.

2 Likes

More personal than anything. For me the two most valuable are the Homebridge Maker API by @dan.t , and Home Assistant Device Bridge by @ymerj, @tomw and @ogiewon. This is not to say that I have not benefitted immensely from other contributors, but these two integrations have extended the capabilities of my Hubitat Elevation hub far beyond what I originally thought possible.

5 Likes

I'm with you. There are tons of great drivers and apps but @dman2306'a HPM pulls them all together and makes them soooo much easier to use.

5 Likes

@ogiewon 's Harmony integration

8 Likes

@dman2306 's Bond integration

5 Likes

Packet Manager

The Unofficial Ring Integration is critical to me, allowing me to integrate security functions with various smart automations (e.g., arming when I go to bed, etc.).

The Hubitat Package Manager is one of the most generally useful apps available, making the locating, installation, and updating of other user apps a snap.

The Hub Information driver is very helping in detecting and responding to the hub environment.

The Hubitat Hub Controller is very helpful for allowing reboots and shutdowns when necessary (e.g., when a power outage has been detected--allows a graceful hub shutdown before the UPS runs out)

6 Likes

More people need to be encouraged to put their stuff in it.

6 Likes

HPM, One App to Rule Them All!

4 Likes

If the title of this thread is to be taken literally, then the device would be Hubitat Elevation, and the community efforts would have to include Dominick Meglio’s (@dman2306’s) Hubitat Package Manager, Jean May’s (@thebearmay’s) Hubitat Information driver, Tony Fleisher’s (@tony.fleisher’s) Hub Mesh Details app, and, for devices attached to the hub, Robert Morris’s (@bertabcd1234’s) CoCoHue driver, Jason Bottjen’s (@JasonJoel’s) Smart Motion Component drivers, and many more community efforts.

2 Likes

"Devices elevated by community efforts" is the title. Hubitat Elevation "device" would be the platform that allows the community to build drivers that enhance user experience where our engineers didn't. There are too many exceptional apps developed by the community, for which a top 5 wouldn't make sense. Maybe in a future "Year in Review", we will include apps, but for now, 2021 only covers drivers. Hope this clarifies the omission of most popular apps.

1 Like

+1 for Home Assistant Device Bridge

3 Likes
  • Google Home Community
    :+1:
2 Likes

+1 Ikea Shortcut button coupled with a firmware update (2.0.080). So far, the button doesn't burn battery and it works perfectly, thanks to @birdslikewires

+1 Google Home Community. I was able to expose my Sinope Thermostats that were not exposed through Hubitat version of Google Home. Thanks to @mbudnek and all the others that contributed!

+1 to Hubitat Package manager. I don't have to go to github everynow and then to check if a new update is available for our community driven packages. Thanks to @dman2306

3 Likes

This has been great!

2 Likes

Iris V1 Keypad! It is something I had wanted since moving from Iris, and it finally was done this year.

2 Likes