Source of "Severe hub CPU load detected"

BTW, all of my Kasa devices are local (disconnected from the TP-Link cloud). I wonder if part of it is just a consequence of using Wi-Fi .

mine are not using the cloud either.. but still are high.. i just think they are slow to respond.. i recently replaced a couple of them that are plugged in behind an ups and seem over time to have suffered from signal degradation.. The new one in the same spot is working much better. I also noticed that the latest version of the tplink/kasa integration was substantially slower after the latest round of changes. Not sure why . I went back to the older version that had no option for cloud integration.

1 Like

This seemed to make a big difference for my hubs. If nothing else, it dramatically reduced the size of backups and how much time it would take to accomplish. I can now hit Backup and my file is ready immediately. This hub has 323 devices:

If you ever wanted to add more complication and fun to your life you could run Home Assistant and integrate the TPLink devices there and then bridge them to HE...

Edit: I would likely not do this - instead probably just integrate in with Node-RED and control them there but that's for my setup. It is an option though and others have done this with various other integrations.

I noticed that as well. I subsequently decided it was time to start weeding out these devices and have replaced two lights (and some Sylvania A19s) with more Hue RGBWs that were on clearance at the local Costco, but the outlets are what really seem to be the issue.

Trust me that it is much more fun replacing them with Hue lights and zigbee outlets.

1 Like

I haven't gotten in to HA yet - I do have a server running on an RPi3 for experimentation. This looks interesting as a bridge..

1 Like

That was exactly why I wanted this integration. I have 36 kasa switch and integrating them into hubitat with a faster polling rate would kill my hub within 2 hours . By installing them in HA, I free HE from the heavy polling and have them report only when there is a state change.

HA poll the switch every 30 sec. so they are somewhat usable as a trigger in RM.

3 Likes