SONOS Play track/text and resume

I just noticed that in the documentation it states that playTrackAndResume could be plucked from the SONOS driver but its not :frowning:

• Sonos and other Speaker devices, playTrackAndRestore and playTrackAndResume being two that are useful.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Rule_Machine#Custom_Commands

It would also be nice to have play text and resume which was going to be rolled out/ was?

currently notifications on SONOS is a bit patchy and if it does interrupt something it starts from the beginning again rather than "resumes".

3 Likes

Is this something that will be looked at @mike.maxwell? I personally find that when I am playing Spotify and a TTS goes off for example when the washing machine is finished it restarts my play list from the beginning and not the track it was just playing :sleepy:

Probably not, the current integration is sort of on pause while we wait for sonos to decide if they're going to depreciate that api or not.

:sob::sob::sob::sob: damn you Sonos!!! Nah all good I am sure I'll be able to survive until such time they sort themselves out.

This is my exact problem. It's a bummer I can't find a way to pause the current playlist, speak some text, then resume.