Sonos + HE + Nodered

I am contemplating integrating sonos into my system. Been running sonos for years. But now want to use siri voice commands via homekit to control playback on various sonos systems.

What is the state of the union on sonos integration to homekit? I am using the homekit beta app in HE. My sonos devices are showing up as incompatible in the homekit beta app. I have also come across a recent post where folks had some issues with the sonos integration on HE.

Is nodered an easier route ? How complex is that?

pinging @erktrek @aaiyar

Thxx!

I've not done Sonos integration in a while and back then it was with Alexa not Siri. However these 2 sets of nodes might be a good starting place if anyone has any experience with them..

1 Like

Correct, LAN devices need to be integrated directly with HomeKit for Apple to certify Hubitat as a HomeKit bridge.

There's a really good set of Sonos nodes for Node-RED that @erktrek linked to. Personally, I prefer using node-sonos-http-api, because it is sufficient to meet my needs. It is easy to interface to via HTTP commands from Hubitat, and there is also a set of Node-RED nodes for it.

1 Like

Doing some more research, I stumbled on this video - which uses a homebridge + homekit integration. It uses a homebridge app called [homebridge-zp] - (homebridge-zp - npm). It ties sonos devices into homekit via homebridge. Will check it out. My preference is to do everything in nodered since I have all my stuff there, but this seems quite simple.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.