Sonoff zigbee switch

Repairing?? I don’t know what that means - lol

Beyond ST sensors I didn’t have any zigbee devices until a couple months ago. Only z-wave and Tasmota - been using your driver for months and no haven’t tried the new released one yet.

So how do you repair w/o excluding and including?

:slight_smile:

You will like it, much more streamlined in how it installs and works.

You re-pair (pair again) by going to Discover Devices, choosing Zigbee and just resetting the device to let it go into pairing mode again (for these particular devices it's a matter of holding down the button on it until the red light starts blinking) then just wait a few seconds and you should see your device under Found Devices.

EDIT: Having said this, I went ahead and tried re-pairing a Sonoff I have as a testing unit, it did find it and then on off stopped working. I had to move it next to the hub to re-pair, now it works with on/off again, but not yet in the original position, it will probably have to find the proper route. I did this on my testing zigbee mesh, it is not as strong as my normal mesh.

Thank you for the explanation.

Just tried it and hit config. Still no change of state of the switch when hitting on and off from the device page.

Now it works in the original position again. Just pair it close to the hub or another strong repeater :slight_smile:

EDIT: My guess is that when this problem occurs the device doesn't get the encryption key during pairing due to not "hearing" the signal. It is the only time it CAN get it.

Mine just gets stuck on the initializing part everytime and I have it sat on top of the hub so can't be a distance thing. But the fact it doesn't get past initializing may point to it not getting the key.

It still makes it to the devices list even though initializing doesn't complete.

That is too close :stuck_out_tongue: Move it at least 50cm away or so. If it really is exactly on top you may be in a bad reception location due to antenna orientation and even have interference problems. Less than 12.5cm would not be advisable.

That is very much possible and means it doesn't get past the initial packets.

Even with it moved away all I get in logs is

Are you using the driver by @at9? If so what is in the logs is not what is expected...
When you paired the device again, did you hold until it started to blink red? Keep holding until it starts blinking blue... Not sure where the reset really is.

EDIT: It is 5s and until the red light starts blinking according to the manual.

That's what I see while it's stuck in initialising state.

If I go to devices page and assign it to @at9 driver I see the following when manually operating it but nothing while trying to do it from the devices page.

Is there anyway to see the msgs that the hub is sending out?

you could change zigbee.on() to

def cmd = zigbee.on()
log.debug(cmd)
return cmd

In the driver. But to see the actual packets you'd need a packet sniffer. A CC2531 would do.

For this to work the device has joined and have the encryption key. Wait a bit and let it settle and on/off from the device page could start working.

I get

debug[he cmd 0x7D0C 0xnull 6 1 {}, delay 2000]

I see what has happened, the endpoint was not received/saved properly on pairing.

replace

def cmd = zigbee.on()

with

def cmd = ["he cmd ${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 6 1 {}"]

for off:

def cmd = ["he cmd ${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 6 0 {}"]

@mike.maxwell endpoint null again, with a very different device, a Sonoff BASICZBR3. Would be good if it could be updated or fixed post-pairing.

2 Likes

@markus superstar - that's now working perfectly operating and reporting on both local and HE control :smiley:

3 Likes

@gadgetshed That's great! Could you please post a screenshot of the Data section of the device page? There is probably no endpointId entry there.

@at9 would you consider updating your driver with the change?

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 16.38.25

1 Like

Ok, at least there's a workaround. :slight_smile: Setting the endpointId manually does not work. In fact, setting it on a device which already has an endpointId just makes an extra entry in the data section and doesn't change what is used.

Thanks for the workaround. I was having the same issue and now it works!

1 Like

Are these switches listed on the zigbee alliance site?, just trying to figure out why they appear to be behaving so badly...

I can't find them there, if they are listed it is not under any name I could come up with. With that said, in general Itead makes good hardware, but they have not been making Zigbee products for very long. Their Zigbee gateway started shipping today.
Internally the SONOFF BASICZBR3 runs Zigbee on a CC2530.
The pruduct page is here:

I have 3 of these without the issue, but I have a very strong and stable mesh.

1 Like

I have 1 but no issues at all with it either since being installed many months ago.