Sonoff ZigBee switch with No Neutral Wire ZBMINI-L

Hi.

Brand new Sonoff ZBMINI-L. I have tried: all Generic Zigbee drivers, Aurora and Nue Zigbee Switch as someone recommended. Nothing works.

Interesting that it works fine on SmartThings hub 2015 v2 (detects as z-wave controller and I had to change the device type to Zigbee Switch)

• application: 02
  • endpointId: 01
  • firmwareFullVersion: 00001004
  • firmwareImageType: 1
  • firmwareManufacturerCode: 4742
  • manufacturer: SONOFF
  • model: ZBMINI-L
  • zigbeeNodeType: SLEEPY_END_DEVICE

Hubitat C5 hub - No Go :frowning:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 02
  • softwareBuild: 1.0.4
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0007,0020,FC57,FCA0
  • outClusters: 0019
  • model: ZBMINI-L
  • firmwareMT: 1286-0001-00001004
  • manufacturer: SONOFF

Am I missing something simple?

UPDATE 04-02-2022:
a) It apereas that if Sonoff connects directly and not via Zigbee extender - it works fine as Generic Zigbee Switch.
b) Relay clicking is annoying. I have lots of switches with a relay in the house, but this one is loud.
c) Its much larger than you would think. You would need a deep back box to use this as intended.

Thank you.

I received two ZBMINI-L's from Sonoff yesterday and they are working fine on my C7.
Driver I use is from @birdslikewires and it turns the Sonoff on, off and flash so I am happy, not so happy with the relay click.
It works fine on a single 6w bulb, no flicker.

Tuya switch module for ts0011 ts0012 (and Sonoff ZBMINI-L)

A bit of progress. Rediscovered previously installed device and started to respond, although pairing LED was still flashing. Disconnected from main power and its no longer responding. :frowning:

I have tried bot Generic Zigbee switch and Tuya switch driver that you recommended; the same behaviour.

Relay clicking is loud...

Ha, it works for these as well, does it? :smiley:

Well, I suppose it should if the module follows the spec.

If you hate relay clicking the Tuya ones are solid state, erm... here they are. I wanted to do the 1CH and 3CH driver versions properly, so they're in the post.

My C7 gave

Sonoff ZBMINI-L 1

ID: 41B1
Manufacturer: SONOFF
Product Name:
Model Number: ZBMINI-L
deviceTypeId: 249
manufacturer : SONOFF
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0007,0020,FC57,FCA0
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 02
outClusters : 0019
initialized : true
model : ZBMINI-L
stage : 4
endpointId: 01
application: 02
softwareBuild: 1.0.4
inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0007,0020,FC57,FCA0
profileId: 0104
outClusters: 0019
model: ZBMINI-L
powerCluster: none
firmwareMT: 1286-0001-00001004
isMultiEP: false
properties: presence,onoff,refresh
manufacturer: SONOFF

which looks similar to your output. Try a different bulb and remove and add again, I have found several no Neutral switches do not work straight off, I even had the same problem and asked here as well but finally they work.

I am glad you pointed to those Tuya 1Ch No Neutrals as about two hours ago I ordered 3 exactly like that from AliExpress but at £6.66 each! and I now know they will definitely be supported :slight_smile:

AVATTO 1/2/3 Gang No Neutral

I have tried different bulbs and LED drivers, different wattage and even halogen 40W lightbulb: same result. But results are consistent on SmartThings hub. Must be C5 problem. This is not good enough reason to migrate to C7...

It does seem that is the problem, I can send C7 logs if anyone wants to see what might be failing on the C5 but works on my C7.

I have 3 different no neutral switches, another arriving tomorrow and just ordered a 5th different type but all 3 are working, 2 with noisy relays and one silent solid state.

All 3 required add/remove/add before they worked. I expect I will need to do that for the other 2 when they arrive.

The C5 and C7 have the same zigbee radio.

UPDATE 04-02-2022:
a) It apereas that if Sonoff connects directly and not via Zigbee extender - it works fine as Generic Zigbee Switch.
b) Relay clicking is annoying. I have lots of switches with a relay in the house, but this one is loud.
c) Its much larger than you would think. You would need a deep back box to use this as intended.

2 Likes

Do you know if it works with 110-120AC ?

I connected ZBMINI-L to my C7 with generic zigbee switch driver.
It was working for about 1.5 weeks and stopped responding to any command including status.
Talking to support right now to figure out a way to reconnect/reset it without opening in-wall box.
What is the differences between generic and custom "Tuya switch" driver?

Just made the change to your Tuya driver @birdslikewires for a ZBMINI-L. Getting this in the logs after a few minutes.

Made the change because using the Hubitat generic zigbee driver for these generates this in the logs. FYI @mike.maxwell

That error is a result of using the previous user driver. Its not our drivers fault. To remove this error when using our driver switch to the Device driver and execute the deleteAllScheduledJobs command

2 Likes

Thanks Mike, will give that a try.

Aye, that's the error you're seeing. There's a scheduled job set by my driver for presence detection (that's the checkPresence method it refers to). If you flip over to another driver the scheduled job remains, but the method doesn't exist in the new driver, so it correctly throws this error message.

3 Likes

hi im new here and have the same issue. I can add the ZBMINI-L to the hub and its added with driver ''Device''. I change it to ''Yours or Generic Zigbee Switch. Both doesnt work :frowning:
I tried diffent stuff.

I just installed one on my laundry room fan (Will automate when the humidity sensors arrive.)

A little hiccough starting out.

• Don't close up the wall until you have it paired and working. It's a PITA to open and close up if it doesn't pair right.
  • I thought it had paired, but it was inconclusive. Better after a second attempt to pair.
  • It didn't fit in a deep box (too many wires) with the switch in place. Doesn't matter much to me, as I don't plan on using a switch for it, it hasn't been used in the 20 years we have lived here, so we won't miss it.

FYI. For those in North America:

I'm having similar issues. I installed it. Light switch works. I hear relay click on and off. Hubitat C7 detects it on pairing. Though after added to hubitat, the ZBMINI-L keeps blinking green in pairing mode until the 3 minute timeout and then there are no lights unless the light switch is flipped on.

On the Hubitat side, I tried both generic and the custom driver here. Neither triggers the device at all.

Tried 2X so far after flipping breaker. Any ideas?