SONOFF Zigbee Human Presence Sensor | SNZB-06P

Here's my Room Lighting app setup for our bathroom -- "Bath Motion" is the PIR, "Bath Presence" is the mmWave sensor.

Summary

That looks good. Very similar to my hass automation which has two named triggers, one to turn them on, the other to turn them off. I have an Office inhibit which is a virtual switch that cancels motion sensed switching and turns the lights off for viewing movies or videos hence it needs to be off for the automation to work.

Thank you very much. I do believe that is what I am looking for. Which brand PIR and mmWave sensor are you using?

PIR is a Hue indoor paired direct to Hubitat, and mmW is a Linptech ES1 (zigbee 24G)

Is there a special driver needed for the Hue PIR? If you got time can you tell me what driver you use for the mmW?

I'm just using the native "Hue motion sensor" driver for the Hue, and using this community driver for the Linptech (although it recently got a native driver as an option as well).

Thank you very much. If I can't make my current Sonoff devices work using your rule method I will migrate over to those devices. You guys are amazing help. By far the best community I have ever been a part of. I just hope someday I know enough I can help someone else.

1 Like

Right on - most experience just comes from trying different things.

In my example above, you may not need the "Limit activation..." (red-font) stuff -- I use that since we sometimes dim those lights or change the bulbs's CT. In those cases, then the lights don't reset back to the table's specifications (for level and CT) if the PIR happens to trigger again while we're in the room.

I probably won't need that as these particular lights don't dim and we don't change any state other than on and off. However, I appreciate it so if I use it for lights that do later on I know about it.

I had the Sonoff SNZB-06P and returned it. Just did not work as well as the Linptech ES1 (zigbee 24G), when using the tuya 4 in 1 communitty driver.

To be fair there is a HUGE difference in price between the two. For what the Linptech ES1 costs you would expect better performance.

I find the Sonoff fine as long as I use two sensors as described. It does detect through walls as shown below (nobody was walking around our house at 2AM) but setup as I have it it works flawlessly in my office on a low setting. That said, my Office is a first floor room.

I got the Sonoff SNZB-06B for 20 dollars and the Linptech ES1 for 30 dollars. Not a huge price difference to me, and in my environment the Linptech worked where the Sonoff did not.

US - Amazon
Came in the Sonoff SNZB-06P box, don't know what the Smilewolf naming was.

Linptech ES1

A new mmWave radar, designed and assembled in Santa Monica :

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. Its 86 Pounds on Amazon UK from the manufacturer, Ouch!

I could not get the Sonoff to work last night as I needed it too. It was returned this morning. I have a Linptech on order and should arrive on Monday.

I never tried the Sonoff with a second sensor. The problem I had last night was it would not give up the active state. It would stay showing active and leave the light on for 20 minutes until I went in the device, saved the settings, and it would go inactive immediately. Then when I walked into the room it would go active, turn the light on, then 20 minutes later it would still be on. That was with a rule to turn the light off when motion stopped. It didn't want to give up the detection. It wasn't detecting through walls like I originally thought because once I made it inactive I would walk everywhere but in the room with no activity shown. I just returned it and and gonna try the Linptech brand.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for sending me your room lighting rule. I have set mine up and the light comes on and stays on just like needed. The problem I am experiencing is the light will not turn off when my presence sensor becomes inactive. Do you have any advice for this?

Also, is there a way to make this only active during certain periods of the day? Say 6am to 10pm. I tried in Set Up Lighting Periods but I couldn't seem to figure it out.

For the first question, if you post a picture of your rule setup now, that would give folks here some insight on an answer.

I'm not sure about the second question since I don't have anything set up like that myself, but hopefully a fellow user will have some ideas.

ETA - you should probably start a new thread instead, so this current thread can better stay on topic.

2 Likes

Thank you. My apologies. I never thought about it derailing this thread. I will start a new one if I don't figure it out shortly.

Do you have one yet? Or any reports on it?