Sonoff WiFi devices Integration

Actually see a lack of Sonoff WiFi devices integration into Hubitat.
Just found nice integration for HA - GitHub - AlexxIT/SonoffLAN: Control Sonoff Devices with eWeLink (original) firmware over LAN and/or Cloud from Home Assistant
It support cloud/LAN/DIY modes w/out flashing etc. - on original firmware.

Is someone is capable and interested in creating something similar for Hubitat Elevation ? It would be a great done job.

3 Likes

those work off tuya iirc, and there are a few tuya/HE integrations. you could also flash with tasmota, which have some HE integrations as well

Yes I believe what OP is asking for already exists.

I suggest searching the forum for “Sonoff WiFi.”

HE integration with Sonoff WiFi devices with native/original firmware not exists yet.

I'm aware about several integration with Tasmota original & customized firmwares, with and w/out MQTT usage. But still hope to avoid all that stuff with soldering and flashing.

Ah I see. I believe there's a method to flash the tasmota firmware without opening the device and soldering. But flashing the firmware is still probably the only available method to get local control with Hubitat.

I know I'm a newbie to Hubitat but with the Sonoff DIY mode it looks like controlling those (R3 DIY) devices could now be done by just sending some simple code without all the tasmoto work. Just not sure where it needs to go. This link looks pretty simple, I must be missing something.
sonoff.tech/product-tutorials/diy-mode-to-control-the-sonoff-device

1 Like

Hey guys,

I'm new on hubitat stuff, though, i managed to successfully build a driver for my Sonoff Mini Switches, based on the native sonoff firmware.
Is running successfully for a few days now and it seems to be quite stable.

Feel free to give it a spin and if you have improvement ideas, just let me know on git.

You can find it on GitHub, by: rusulucian85/hubitat-Sonoff_DIY_Switch

Enjoy

5 Likes

Hello @rusulucian85 and thank you for your driver!

Do you think it will work with the SONOFF RE5V1C ?

Thanks
Andrew

Hi

thank you for this code.
But I am facing one problem with thsi driver that it works from the HE to the device and not the other way around.
if you toggle the command from the HE, the device will update. but if you toggle the state from the device like ( short the s1 and s2 on sonoff miniR2) the device will change state but it will not update the HE.

I have tasmotized few miniR2 and i use a driver with httphook where you enter the ip of your hub and it works both ways instantly.
i have looked at your code but i am not a programmer. is there a way you can modify the code so that it will update in both ways.
thank you

Hello @rusulucian, thank you for the driver, would it work with the Sonoff 4ch pro?!

that just directs back to this post. other posts now link to this post as well.

When I search for “Sonoff wifi” using the forum search feature (the magnifying glass at the top of the page), I get 50+ results.

Adding additional keywords of interest can narrow down the results further.