Sonoff vs Third Reality

Hello!

Currently in the process of replacing some of my motion sensors and door sensors. Choosing between Sonoff and Third Reality. Wondering if any of you guys have experience with either of them, and which you would recommend?

Thanks

I haven’t used the sonoff sensors but have a lot of the third reality units and they’re easy to set up, are very reliable, and have good battery life.

1 Like

After getting tired of replacing motion sensor batteries, I just bought a handful of the Third Reality zigbee motion-sensing nightlights. Pretty happy with them so far. They paired easily and respond quickly.

1 Like

Hello. I have a bunch of Sonoff and Third Reality at home.

Third Reality proved a bit more reliable and I like AAA batteries more than buttons.

When it gets to motion sensors, I find that Third Reality have a shorter / narrower field. Useful for something like my porch that shouldn't trigger when a car passes by, but if I want to cover a large room, Sonoff does better.

One thing that worries me though: a few times, I took a repeater offline. My Sonoff devices routing through it took forever to reconnect; some never did and I had to re-pair after a few days. My Third Reality sensors don't seem to have this issue.

1 Like

I was looking at the brand new Sonoff ones because they look nice but reliability is extremely important for me so that may make me lean towards third reality. I have 2 third reality devices (1 motion, 1 door) and I was contemplating if sonoff would be as good while being cheaper but if they’re not as reliable that makes me want to stick with third reality for all sensors I’m replacing.