Sonoff Temperature & Humidity Sensor - model SNZB-02D

This is not an attribute you'll find in the built-in driver, so just because it's not updating doesn't mean it's not working. I would switch to the "Device" driver first, clear all scheduled jobs and current states (and state if you want to), then switch to your desired driver. I'd suggest the built-in one, but if you want to use a custom one, I probably wouldn't recommend the one with presence, as it is no longer maintained if it's by the author I'm thinking of.

After you switch drivers, you'll likely need to re-pair the device for it to work. I don't think these devices listen for configuration commands (or any) when they are sleeping, which seems to be all the time except when in pairing mode. Don't delete it from Hubitat first, just reset the device and put Hubitat into Zigbee pairing mode, then wait for it to be re-discovered. With the proper driver selected, Zigbee configuration (for reporting and possibly other things) should be sent to the device, and it should work.

If not...something else is going on, and the above will get you on track to figuring it out!

5 Likes

@bertabcd1234 Robert, very helpful comments. I never realized that once I pair a device, that it could be paired again without unpairing it. That process seemed to wake it up and get it to send data.

Sadly, it only communicated once or twice and then stopped. I have tons of Zigbee devices and Zigbee on my network is rock solid except for this device.

I am using the standard device driver that comes with HE and I have a C7 hub.
At this point, it stopped communicating about 5 minutes after I installed it the last time.

Honestly, the device was a deal for $12 and I will use it as a standalone digital thermometer display. I have a bunch of Xiaomi/Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensors that are rock solid. Initially I thought it would be nice to have one with a display, but as a connected device this is a fail. Thanks for your suggestions and I now have a new technique in my arsenal for devices that don't easily pair.

@kkossev No, if you look at my answer above, by using the standard device driver in HE you will see:

• endpoint: 01
  • application: 00
  • manufacturer: SONOFF
  • Model: SNZB-02D

@bradford.clarke My device pairs, but only sends data once or twice and stops. Honestly, I plan to use it just for the visual display. I have a bunch of Xiaomi/Aqara Temperature & Humidity Sensors that are rock solid as connected devices. This Sonoff Zigbee Temperature/Humidity Sensor doesn't stay connected on my network and it is the only Zigbee device with any issues. The $12 price was very worth it just for the display and so that's how I will use it. Thanks.

Ahh, there's the info we were missing.

The version most of us were referring to is the version of the SNZB-02 without a display.

1 Like

Try using this driver:

3 Likes

I've just put a warning in the first post of this driver thread that SNZB-02D works with C-8 hub only!
It is one of these devices labeled "Zigbee 3.0" that does not fully comply with the Zigbee 3.0 standard ( does not fall back to the previous Zigbee protocol version).

I have reported the pairing problem with this device in another thread: [C-7] Help needed - Zigbee devices that do not pair correctly in HE [C-8 ?] - #32 by kkossev
but I don't think that anything can be done from Hubitat's side.

@jlv has managed to pair the same device to a C-7 hub… so it’s still a mystery why some devices will pair in some environments, but will leave the Zigbee network within seconds in other environments.

On all the cases the device driver used doesn’t matter in regards to the Zigbee connectivity.

2 Likes

@jkudave OK, so this is noteworthy. When I deleted and paired the device again, it configured with the Tuya device driver right off the bat. In addition, after about an hour, it is still updating and staying accurate on my C7 hub. Perhaps @kkossev can comment.

2 Likes

I don't know why sometimes it will stay connected to the hub, but sometimes not. It's not the driver but may be the way it pairs to the hub - directly or through a repeater.

If you switch now back to the HE inbuilt driver and it will stay connected too.

1 Like

FWIW, I had one paired to a C-5 for a couple months without problem, then also moved it to a C-8 (re-pairing, not migration) without problem -- all with the built-in driver. Interesting about different environments, indeed!

2 Likes

Could this be why I'm having so much trouble with sonoff devices on C7? They all just "kind of work", but not 100%. Never been able to configure them with built in drivers. Would upgrading from C7 to C8 make them more reliable?

The only problematic Sonoff device for me is the Sonoff Zigbee button SNZB-01 - it does not reliably report the battery level remaining. But it stays connected to my Zigbee network.

Which device exactly you are having problems with?

I'm having the exact same issue as OP. Got a couple of SNZB-02d (the ones with the display) and it is fickle to pair. Once paired it updates well for about 5 minutes on temperature change, but then seems to be sluggish to send reports.
Can't seem to properly configure for 0.25° reports.
Besides that we have several SNZB-02 which give much the same result as the ones with the screen. Can't say I have any problems with the SNZB-01 buttons, except the push and hold delay is a bit too long.
But the main issue with all of the sonoff range is pairing and reporting.

The orange color line is my SNZB-02D, configured for 0.1°C reporting

Just set the threshold, the minimum and the maximum reporting intervals as needed :

Then, the changed configuration parameters will be sent when the device wakes up :

And this is using the Tuya_Temperature_Humidity_Illuminance_LCD_Display_with_a_Clock driver?

yes

Swapped over to your Tuya driver, re-paired and configured advanced settings as you said and it is working flawlessly now! Super impressed :grin:

I'm assuming battery life will be considerably shorter with the more frequent reporting, but I can live with that. Got a whole drawer of 2450 batteries.

1 Like

May I ask what you are using to graph your temperature sensors? That looks very handy

I am using WebCoRE graphs (the built-in Hubitat app) :

Currently, I don't have any Pistons, I use only the Graphs part, including the LTS (Long Term Storage).