Sonoff SNZB03 sensor not reporting

When are any battery levels correct? I don't trust the battery levels being reported correctly from anything even with a battery fresh out of the pack :rofl:

2 Likes

I recently changed the channels to separate WiFi and ZigBee as much as possible. I really don't know why having so many problems.

Yeah that is very strange and I'm sure super frustrating. It does not seem to be all that common an issue in this community so there must be something going on..

The only other thing I can think of is maybe your devices are spread too thinly or there are not enough good repeaters.. I have no idea about the Sonoff devices.

On a side note - The non-repeater Sengled bulbs have worked really well for me and the contact sensors seem okay too (battery values bounce around) but I have others that I like better (Ring, XFinity etc).

I wanted to add the solution to the Sonoff problem. This may not fix all the issues but it got me back up and running. i can't remember where I found this truck here on the forum so I'm sorry to whoever discovered this for not giving you credit, but I feel this fix warrents repeating for the search algorithm.

If your Sonoff sensors stop reporting wether it be entirely or just one attribute, or only reports battery, or whatnot do this.

1. Remove battery and wait at least 1 minute...5 would be better. There seems to be a capacitive effect within the sensor so it needs to be long enough for any residual electricity to discharge.

2. Check the battery holder and gently bend the connectors into a nice snug battery fit. Also check the back cover and see if it holds the battery in tight. If it doesn't you need to tape something to the back cover to ensure it pushes against the battery slightly. We need a good battery connection.

3. In the Hubitat app start your ZigBee search.

4. Put the battery in, close the cover, and hold the pairing button or insert pin into the reset button (depends on device) for 10 seconds, I recommend 11-12 just in case you count fast.

5. Your Hubitat app should be picking up the sensor.

6. Congrats it should now work.

Note you do not have to remove the device from Hubitat nor do you need to remove it from your apps such as maker API, etc. Though if all fails I guess it wouldn't hurt to try that before these instructions if your frustrated to the point of throwing the sensor away.

Good luck!

1 Like