Sonoff snzb-03 motion sensor positioning

I've just added a Sonoff snzb-03 to my HE. The first thing I've noticed is that the detection angle is much smaller than that of my Aqara sensors, 110 Vs 170 degrees. For those with the Sonoff's, I was wondering what you found the best positioning to be, eg ceiling downwards, wall mounted high or low etc.

I have both Aqara and Sonoff too and while it might technically be less, its detection distance range is much longer (around 20 feet) versus Aqara (around 13 feet). I have my SNZB-03 up high (7.5 feet) pointing toward my back door and that covers nearly my entire living room/dining room (I live in a small house :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

3 Likes

Yes. I use ceiling mount in a closet and a hallway where I don't care about pet triggers. In the hallway outside the bedrooms and in the kitchen, I position them high on the wall.

I don't know what you hope to detect or ignore, so not sure if I can offer much more guidance.

2 Likes

Has anyone found an ingenious way to mount these motion sensors in a corner

Have it printed, adapting the size, or make it out of wood.

2 Likes

yeah I was thinking wood.

I was hoping there would be something to buy, like this but cheaper/smaller!

This might work Ball and Socket for Iris Motion

1 Like

I'm actually using that Aqara motion sensor mount at the moment but I only have one of them, I didn't realise you could buy them separately. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.