Sonoff snzb-02

Hi could someone help me with this issue please (I'm not that tech minded so it might be a simple fix)
I've just brought the sonoff snzb-02 sensor as I want to use it to control my heating in my house, I'm going to be buying 8 sensors and plan on having one in every room that will switch a sheely1 relay on to open the manifold for each individual radiator.

I've only got one sensor for the time being just to see if I can get it working. Anyway I've failed at the first hurdle, I've connected the sensor to the hub but I'm unsure on how to get it to read the temp I was hoping just to click on the device within the device tab and for it to display it there but its not. I've also added it to my dashboard via the dashboard app but it doesn't display it on there either.

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECATED

I paired four of those sensors last night and they all worked without a hitch. When you look it up in Devices, is it using the Type: Sonoff Zigbee Temperature/Humidity Sensor? I did notice that they needed a few minutes to settle and get the temperature/humidity to read correctly.

1 Like

I've just removed the device and added it again and its now worked for some reason. Is there a way I can change in to Celsius (°C) instead of Fahrenheit (°F) ? , also can you change how often it looks for an update in temp or can you manually call for an update with in the hub interface ?
thanks

if you're using the built in driver the display units are controlled by the temperature scale setting on the location page.
I don't recall if this device accepts reporting parameter changes or not, it's something I can look into though.

1 Like

Thanks mike I've just done that and its now working a treat.

1 Like

For future readers of this thread who may be considering this device - it's a great humidity sensor - most definitely worth trying out!

But...

When you first get it, be VERY careful opening the cover to remove the battery tab. I broke the setting-button on my first one since the cover was on so tight and it ended up snapping the button connection when it finally popped. Just be very careful working the cover off - start with the end opposite the button and carefully work the edges around.

This lil guy is a world better that that raging P.O.S. Aeotec aerQ I was using before. I'm just using the stock Hubitat driver and the humidity values get reported fast enough for my needs (triggering a bath fan).

3 Likes

I picked up three of these sensors and all paired up quickly and seem responsive.

The one issue I have is all three are reporting humidity that's about 5% - 10% high. The built-in driver has a temperature offset but no option to correct the humidity. Is this an option that can be added in a future release? TIA

If you use the driver from this thread you can adjust humidity

1 Like

When it comes to humidity, I have to ask - against what standard are you comparing?

I had a couple of hygrometers that tracked each other before I bought the SNZB-02. I looked at the tests that cigar aficionados use for their humidors and found that only my cheap Sonoff was correct. So, if you have three that are all wrong in the same direction ...

Ha, understood. I have about 6 other hygrometers that all read close to the thermostat at 53-54% (I know, not exactly NIST traceable :grinning:), but the Sonoffs are all reading in the mid 60% range.

I'm looking at sling Psychrometers. Let's go old school and get a real reference.

Cool. I'll take a look. Thanks for the tip.