Sonoff S31 Lite - Lost Connection?

Please help me understand how to fix an issue with two Sonoff S-31 lite Zigbee devices.

Since I upgraded to xxxx.40 on the C7, both of my devices have turned flakey. Maybe just coincidence. Regardless, how do I fix it? Do I need to delete all the automations associated with these devices, then delete the devices, then repair, then redo all the automations? That seems like ALOT of work. If no, what is the procedure for just getting these things reconnected to HE?

Both devices: Light turns on and off by the button on the S31, so we know the device has power, the fixture is working and the bulbs are working.
After reading around the forums, 48 hours ago I changed the Hub Zigbee settings to channel 25. That did not help.

Device A:
Device Log reports to HE about every 5 minutes, but if anything occurs to trigger the light to go on, the device stops reporting. I turned device on from HE about 20 minutes and since then it stopped reporting.
Event log has not reported in about 5 hours, but yet I turned the device on 20 minutes ago from HE, via the device interface. But that action of turning it on is not in the Event log or the Device log. Also, I can no longer communicate with the device from HE - I cannot turn it off.

Device B:
No connection to HE - can't turn it on or off via the device interface or via any automations.

What should I do? These were working fine for 3.5 months and then this suddenly happened....
I can no longer control

No. All you do is factory reset the devices. Then put your Hubitat and each S31 Lite into zigbee pairing mode. They will pair back with their original device-ids and names.

All the symptoms you describe for device A and B occur when mesh networks are weak or interfered with. The association with a particular platform version is purely coincidental.

I would recommend taking @Ken_Fraleigh's advice in your original post about this issue. Or adding a few other well-behaved zigbee repeaters/routers.

No. All you do is factory reset the devices. Then put your Hubitat and each S31 Lite into zigbee pairing mode. They will pair back with their original device-ids and names.

Sorry for a newbie question. How on earth do I put the Hubitat in zigbee pairing mode? I have googled/searched, and all if find is 8-10 references to do this, but no instructions on HOW.

Devices -> Add Device -> Zigbee -> Start Zigbee Pairing

Thank you. That worked. I got the thing re-paired. All is now working. No clue how it got itself un-paired...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.