Sonoff NSpanel Pro

These look very cool and have a ZigBee radio. I've tried searching but it remains unknown to me if the panel is compatible with Hubitat, so that scenes can be commanded from the panel and devices in Hubitat will receive the commands?

What about keeping the scene status correct on the panel, does that integration exist?

Thank you!

The zigbee radio on these panels is flashed to serve as a zigbee coordinator (the same zigbee function that the Hubitat hub provides). A zigbee mesh can only have a single coordinator.

Crap! It looked so good...

Is there another product out there that does work with Hubitat and have a nice touch screen panel?

A tablet.

2 Likes

These look cool but I don't see anything it can do that you can't do with a tablet, or in my case, a cell phone. I use an old cell phone in one location and a pay-as-you-go one for about $30 for another location. The only negative difference I see is that the phones can't be hard wired. I only see people struggling trying to incorporate the NSPanel on the Home Assistant Community Forum.

1 Like

FYI they released a new firmware that allows you to select router mode so they can now just extend your mesh. I was considering one of these as a scene controller but the wife said she prefers the toggle button style (she said if she wanted to use a touch screen she'd just use her phone, which is fair enough) so I ordered the 8 button from Vesternet

I just picked up one of these for $100.
They are cute.

Its a Zigbee hub that's fairly limited.
Not a lot of control of the display.

You can control devices attached to them them in Node Red.
You can't control the display in Node Red.

It will display a Node Red, Grafana, or Hubitat dashboard with the web app in it.
If I can figure out how to have variables or virtual devises it will be really cool.

1 Like

Can you share the link to this device? Just to compare and understand different options.

Thanks!

Bought it from Walmart <$100

Sonoff web site NSPanel Pro

I have a Zigbee outlet paired to it and ordered a couple of WiFi energy reporting outlets to see how it does. They will all be controlled through Node Red and not the hub.

All I see using it for is a cute 4X4" display to display a couple of dashboards.

1 Like