Something weird regarding Simple Automation Rules

Understood and Apologize.... I will try to replicate the problem tonight and see where it goes....I will post the requested information. BTW, the info in the picture I posted above is what is currently happening. You see the events happening as expected but the lights are not turning on or off, despite the event says so.

Thanks

This almost always is the sign of a device or mesh problem. The command is sent by the app, but the device does not respond. These start out as being reported as an app problem, as in this topic.

1 Like

Instead of using Turn On and Set Level 100, try it with just Turn On. Are you setting the level to any value other than 100 somewhere else?

I have done what you suggested and the light switched on. I did the same yesterday and it did not work. I have setup the system with ' just turn on' at sunset and I will let you know tonight....

Thanks for your help and also to @razorwing who suggested that the value should be below 100%...

In fact I have noticed that when the light is turned on, the event shows that light intensity at 99% and not 100%.... this might be also the issue

Clearly a sign of device control problem.

Hello there
Here my findings.... All of the sudden today all lights not working yesterday are working today. The only different thing I did was to avoid the number 100% in the command' Turn on and set dimmer to"..... Some of my lights use the command switch on and some other the command switch on and set dimmer to....

What is funny today is that the light working without any issues for weeks is not working today..... Here the logs for this specific light

I hope this helps

Clearly, the app is working as expected. Sounds like your Zigbee mesh needs some reinforcing with repeaters.

1 Like

Thanks .... just for my clarification..... based on what you are suggesting, I assume the zigbee repeater will help the hub to handle the number of Zigbee devices connected to the hub..... It is not related to the distance..... Becasue all the lights I am talking about are leas than 30 feet far away each of them from the Hubitat Hub

Am I right in my statement?

Thanks

Hello all

I confirm that today all lights were on and triggered as expected .....

Two things I did ( not sure if they are related )

1.) lights with β€œturn on and set dimmer β€œnot above 99%.

2.) I did what @razorwing recommended. β€œDon't forget that whenever you change or select a driver like "Sengled Element Classic" or any driver that after you select the driver that you hit "Configure" and then wait a few seconds and hit "Refresh". This programs the bulb or device with the correct info.”

Thanks all of you for your help. Special thanks to @bravenel and @razorwing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.