Someone's at the door song

I have a camera on my front door that i needs a little help making a automation for if you would please help me. I just want a song to play when someone is at the front door. I have it working but i would like to make it so the automation only triggers when the front door has become shut for over a minute as at the moment the automation fires when people come and go but i only want the automation to fire when they our entering the property i have a contact sensor on the front door. if anyone has any ideas it will help alot thank you

i have the second part of the automation in home assistant just switching a virtual switch on when a person is detected and off when no person is detected

i come up with this but it dont look right

very little help on here i hear a echo

well this is my latest attempt

What I would try is:

Change the trigger to: Door Closed for 1 minute
Actions - Add at the beginning of what works:
Wait for event: Someone is at the front door song turns On
Keep the rest of what you already have if it works.

2 Likes

thank you for your help i will give your rule a try my own attempt is not working at all at the moment, i have a Kitchen to finish painting so will try later and give you a update thank you

1 Like

did you mean something like this, it isn't working at the moment have i done something wrong

not sure what i have done it doesn't even work the way i had it before, got it working back the old way but it doesn't like what i am trying to do so must be something wrong with my rule somehow

it doest work with the wait event before the repeat while action for some reason,

i couldnt fix it with hubitat so added a condition to the second part of the rule for the door to be closed for 1 minute that worked thank you anyway

1 Like

Do I understand that it works now? If so - awesome! If not, post the latest rule and I’ll see if I can help.

1 Like

It hadnt worked this morning, even tho it worked when just testing the virtual Switch, it is almost there but the Automation doesn't want to fire by itself at the moment am i allowed to post both part of my rule the one in hubitat and ha?

this is my first part of the rule then i have a rule to turn on the Virtual Switch when a person is detected but with a condition that the door has to be closed for 1 min

this is my logs

thank you for taking time to help
is it possible to bring the second part of the rule into hubitat and have a condition on the Switch so that it onlt works when the door has been closed for 1 min

I would certainly recommend bringing the second part to Hubitat. The Hubitat part seems to me like it woks as written, so maybe the HA part is an issue? Feel free to post here - there are some community members that have both HE and HA, but unfortunately I am not one of them…

1 Like

Thank you, i would definitely prefer to bring all Automation into Hubitat, the automation i have does fire sometimes there seems to be a huge delay with the communication between the the servers. If all automation is done under one it must help to make things flow better. I could proberly bring the sensors from ha into hubitat with a driver so all can be done under one

the hubitat part of the rule

i am not good at all with the Automations in ha so part 2 is split into 2 simple rules

there is somthing wrong with the Hubitat part of the rule its not pausing the contact rule on the door so the song only just sarts for a few seconds before the contact rule interrupt the rule taking place

i changed the ha rule that works perfectly now

this is my logs for the rule in hubitat

fixed it just needed to put a delay on the off rule

1 Like