Someone help, going nuts. everything just stopped working or very slow

Thats just debug logs, you can click where it says "debug" in blue to open that device and turn the debug logging off.

Did you read my pinned post? You have not even said what hub model you have that I see.

Post a screenshot of the entire z-wave details page.

We did already, its listed in here:

3 Likes

C7, i will screenshot

A couple people have asked you questions, here is mine from above...

So far we know it is a C7.

Anything else you can add?

Yeah we need to know what is slow exactly? Is it Z-wave devices? Which devices are the most problematic?

I see a few z-wave devices that may be struggling.
Would be good to see the z-wave details again after the hub has been running for at least 12 hours, this looks like it was fresh after a reboot.

What hub Firmware do you have installed?

Make sure you do not have a Z-Wave firmware update available: C7 2.3.1 and Z-Wave Firmware 7.17.1
That post is older, the current version is 7.18, but directions are the same.

You could be running into a memory problem from 2.3.6, follow these steps to resolve that potential issue: Hub is running low on memory C-7 2.3.6.146 - #3 by jtp10181

1. Create and download a backup
  2. Update the hub to 2.3.7
  3. Reboot and check the rebuild database option on the confirmation dialog
1 Like

hi, thanks. so i have owned the c7 for a couple years. i rebuilt it about six months ago. i have used abode for most automations and had hubitat for others. i switched to all hubitat about six months ago when abode automations broke.

i now have hubitat hooked up to home assistant and abode hooked up to home assistant (indirectly working with hubitat).

Everything is running through hubitat basically. Had no issues for six months. all of the sudden a few weeks ago started having issues.

very slow response. i have about a 1 minute delay in response on everything. sometimes they firs no issue once or twice and then delay starts.

noticed i had some ghose devices on zwave so i got a zooz stick and erased ghost devices. did a soft reset. most things seemed to work solid for a day or two then the delay kicked in again. same issue. super slow if any response at all. it seems like if i run a automation the hubitat self destructs. again, no new recent automations.

i have some zigbee stair lights that run through hue and activated by zwave motion. i feel like that automation runs without issue but all else have issues. like i said 1 mintute delay. it seems maybe zibee is woking better than zwave.

my wife is going nuts all she wanta is the dog lights to come on when she opens doors for dogs. works for a day or two and then unreliable.

how do i determine zwave firmware. Hubitatat says software is up to date.

If you're talking about the (C7) hub's own z-wave radio update, the instructions are linked in Jeff's post right above your last post here. When/if available, it is handled outside/independently of the hub's overall firmware updates.

Individual ZW device firmware is made available by the respective manufacturer and must be manually applied.

no he had a question about the hub zwave software.

basically, if i run anything that is run through an app it bogs the system down. if i update a device through dashboard, if i have not ran anything in a few minutes then it fires right up a few times and then starts slowing down. basically, right when i think thank goodness it is working again, it just stops and takes minutes to respond. overall, the system is basically unreliable.

i will see if i can follow the zwave running low on memory steps.

the logs are mot showing anything unusual, app running like crazy ir device going haywire.

:point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

So is your Z-wave firmware up-to-date?
Show a screenshot of the TOP of the Z-Wave details page, with all the buttons.

If you are asking how to find the Hub platform / firmware (nothing to do with z-wave), that is available from Settings > Hub Details

Platform Version
2.3.X.XXX

1 Like

so i rolled back the hub software and then updated the zwave firmware then rolled forward the hub software again to 2.37.

I cannot find anywhere to click

"Reboot and check the rebuild database option on the confirmation dialog"

i can do a soft reset if it does the same thing.

it does appear i am still having this issue. i found if i do a zwave repair on devices that are not reponding they work for a bit until i run automation then the hub stopps and slows back down.

Why did you roll back firmware...???

After you update to 2.3.7
Click Settings > Reboot, and check the box on the OK dialog to rebuild the database.
This was added in 2.3.7 firmware, so it wont be there on anything older.

Also, it sounds like you just performed a Z-wave firmware update, if that's the case give it a couple days and things should start working better.

You can try a Full repair to help it along, but do not run repairs constantly as it will just make things worse by flooding the mesh with traffic.

1 Like

okay, i was able to find the menu for rebuild database. thank you, i ran it.

i will try a full repair and give it a few days. I really appreciate your patience and help.

i will check back in within a few days.

Have a Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Here is my check in. So... I followed all steps. I rebuilt the database and did a repair.

i also, swapped out two zwave devices that were giving me trouble. i swapped them out for zigbee.

I have given it almost a week. so far so good. i did have trouble for a few days but possibly like you said worked its way out.

i will keep monitoring.

i am thinking about switching other devices out for zigbee because it appears just more reliable and less issues. is that something you have thoughts on?

Appreciate your help

1 Like

Z-wave or Zigbee being "better" is a very YMMV situation...depends on the devices and repeaters you're using, the overall strength of each mesh, your home layout and construction, and the specific devices in your mesh can affect its stability.

So very hard to predict that one will be better than another...if you build a strong Zigbee and Z-wave mesh they can both be excellent. If you find that you already see a strength/reliabilty difference you could choose to work to strengthen the weaker mesh, or just focus more on the stronger one - your choice based on what devices you want to use and where in your house you need to put them. More info below...

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/how-to/build-a-solid-zigbee-mesh

1 Like

okay, yeah i feel like i have a pretty strong zwave mesh. all device are repeaters plus 3 ring repeaters and one other brand repeater added in. my zwave could be all fixed now. i will read the documents.

Any known issue with ring z wave repeaters? they seem to pick up alot of devices when i added.

Zigbee seems way faster overall even though zwave is pretry built out.

They are quite popular with some members, others like me didn't have good luck with them. But if they are working for you I'd stick with them.

I prefer Zigbee for contact and motion sensors due to generally faster speed.