[Solved] Z-Wave Failed - DEAD

If you figure this out please let me know. I have 2 of these and neither will pair even with the hub within a few feet.

My advice.. wait on the Schlage. They've acknowledged that they would look into it and they haven't released anything new since... It's been a very tough experience for @srwhite and I'd be sad to see another heap of hours spend when Hubitat could be internally testing an improvement.

Of course that could be said for a great number of issues surfaced here... :smiley:

I have the v1 and v2 of the ZSE40 (4-in-1) and both of mine are included insecure.

I've been in contact with support on this issue. What we know is that inclusion is timing out due to the lock not responding for 10 seconds. What we do not know yet is why. They have responded on this and I think we'll be doing some testing soon.

1 Like

Excellent news.

Good to hear you were able to join it insecure! I just posted the firmware update just in case you need it / want it, even though I have not upgraded it, the versions reported by someone else with 1.35 suggest a big bump in the Z-Wave Library version from 3.92 to 4.54.

I have 4 of these and no issue pairing them insecure. I actually hate these sensors. Very frustrating to get them to work the first couple of times. I use them mostly for lux. What model do you have? Here is mine.

Apparently same as yours

How you pair them? Thanks

Nothing special. Just exclude the sensor. After a successful exclusion. Put the hub in discovery and press the button twice at the button at the bottom of the sensor with a paper clip.
I have secure mode only for lock and garage.

Thanks, I will try again, maybe I was far from the hub but for sure I did the same as you and did not worked for me.

A word of caution. I upgraded my G5 last night and it's not working right after several factory resets. Voltage is reading 2147483.5v. I'm going to open a case with Aeon and see if there's a different firmware I can load. Its just not my week.

This is the version I have on both HEMs and it works fine.

Thatโ€™s what I had originally. But there were some significant enhancement in the newer zwlib which is enticing.

ok, let me know your process and the result, honestly my original HEM has been working fine, then I got a new HEM last week for my dryer and it came with the same firmware.

I got both from Amazon. They read the amps correctly so could you explain why I should update? And can I get my firmware saved? thanks.

Support responded and suggested reverting back to the 1.31 firmware. They sent it to me which I plan to update tonight.

At this point, given that 1.35 breaks the G5 HEM, I would leave them as shipped.

could you share the firmware file?, so we can have it for future use, I have plans to get more HEMs for me and friends. Thanks for the news.

Sorry to hear this actually caused you trouble, that was not what I wanted. Yes the bump in the Z-Wave library is indeed enticing, hopefully you can get your HEM working again with the 1.31 firmware... let us know how that goes...

I tried reflashing the HEM twice last night with the 1.31 image provided. It didn't fix it. The issue is back with their support again.

Any word of this?

Support thinks the upgrade erased the factory calibration which it should not have done. They're going to replace it under warranty. I'm expecting it to arrive next week.

3 Likes