SOLVED - WC to RM: Notification of Lightning

TIA for any help/suggestions

webCoRE Piston

Converted to this in RM;

and this in IFTTT:

This seems to work, but in setting up the Virtual switch, I chose to set it to auto-off after 5 seconds (the max setting). The problem I have is that the message hasn't finished playing by the time the switch turns off, and the message is cut short.

Is there a different way I should be doing this so the message isn't cut short?

Update
Thanks for the suggestions and help. The message is being cut short due to a Sonos Driver issue.

I ended up changing the rule to this;

I am OK with the last 4 words "get out, get out." being cut from the message until the driver fix is implemented.

I believe if you build your rule but using trigger it should play just fine, same definition, trigger lighting detected, condition pool bbq sonos playing

Thanks @vjv. Sorry, dumb question, but where is the Trigger function?

If you mean in IFTTT, I don't see a way to trigger a rule, just devices??

In Rule Machine

Couldn't see the forest for the trees. Hadn't even noticed the Define a Triggered Rule section of Rule Builder.

Anyway, I attempted to make the suggestions you said, the message plays, but still is cut off at the end. Am I aslo meant to removed the auto set to off on the virutal switch??

Can you see where I have misinterpreted your suggestion?

Select Trigger Event (detail)

Select Conditions (detail)

Define Rule (detail)

As an experiment I disabled the auto off function of the virtual switch - it still truncated the message??

If you remove your virtual switch from the rule definition, it should work. The virtual switch turning on triggers the evaluation of the condition (Sonos on). The duration your virtual switch is on will not matter if it’s not a defined condition.

Thanks for the suggestion. I took it out of Define Rule, and it worked, but still cut the message of at the same point.

Try changing the message by one word. When you create a new message it is cached on your hub. I'm just curious to see the downloaded voice file may be corrupt.

Gave that a shot, but the message was still cut short??

Try deleting Lighting detected from conditions, not from trigger. The rule should be triggered by the lighting but will run if music is playing.

That makes the rule work, but the message is still being cut short. I tried it with a slightly changed phrase but still cut short.

Logs
Rule;

Sonos;

Hi @bravenel,

Sir you are The Lord of the RM, could you take a look of this? I don't know if maybe is a limitation of characters.

Thanks

Take a look at what? If this is about the TTS message, once RM sends that command, it has nothing to do with it after that. This could be a TTS issue. Not sure.

Anything you want me to check with TTS?

I've noticed that TTS gets cut off at the end a little also. I don't know why this is. Maybe @mike.maxwell could weigh in. How much is getting cut off?

In this example;
Get out. Get out now. Lightning has been detected. Test a b c d e f

It stops at the end of "Tes". So counting spaces, that would be 54 characters.

In this example;
Lightning has been detected. You might want to think about getting out of the pool soon.

It stops at the end of "think". Counting spaces, that would be 52 characters.

Wondering if it's a "race condition" where the audio takes longer than the "done."

Using your examples:
Get out. Get out now. Lightning has been detected. Test a b c should play "perfectly" (no "tes")

Thus I wonder if:
Lightning has been detected. You might want to think about getting out of the pool soon. Test a b c

would play perfectly too. In other words, would N seconds of near silence at the end on EVERY message work? :slight_smile: Or is N a variable? :frowning: