[SOLVED] Motion Sensor Not Changing to Inactive in States

I have 2 motion sensors that do not show inactive in the current states and shows active in the device info status. It is the HS-MS100+.
The devices have had no traffic for 10 min or so but still the current states says it is still active.
Yesterday they worked fine but this AM they did not execute the rules.
Anyone having trouble with these motion sensors? thanks

I managed to get the 2 sensors to go to the active in the device status but it still reads active (no motion for 5 min) in the current state.

Silly question...
Have you checked the batteries and what was the last reported battery level
I have noticed with most battery motion sensors that get 'stuck' on active or inactive as a result of low battery (especially if they were fine before the issue and nothing has changed)

Andy

Yes I did replace both just in case. I discovered that one of them had been set to the wrong type. After setting it to generic it went to active about 15 min later.
The problem with these is they are HS and the generic driver does not allow for adjusting parameters for this device. So you just have to wait until it goes inactive based on the settings it has now from factory.
I would put this to SOLVED but I don't see how to do that. Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Just figured out how to change the title.

1 Like

There is a tool released my Mike Maxwell which gives you the ability to change z-wave parameters

Basically, it's a device driver.
You pair your device, then change to this driver, change your required setting, then change back
The settings should be retained

Andy

Wow, thanks. I copied the code and created a driver. I selected the new driver in the device. I woke up the sensor and had parameter 18 in get parameter report but I get no info.
What is the trick here? thanks

Silly question...
Did you have the logs open when you did it?
If the device responds then it should be shown there.

Are you referring to the "show past logs" otherwise I am not sure yet how to do that?

No not that.
Just open a browser to the 'logs' page
It will be blank at the beginning until something reports in.
If you keep this open when changing parameters then it may well show what is going on (if the device responds)

Just leave that browser window open and perform the tasks in another

Got it to work. Put in the parameter number, bytes, and value and watched the log and it showed that it sent the command. Tripped sensor and it timed out exactly. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Great!
I'm really glad I could help!

Andy

2 Likes