[SOLVED] Motion Lighting Bug in 2.1.6.118?

There's no other rules I have involving those lights during that time.

1 Like

OK, this is spread out over a considerable time. Let's try this again. Make it do its thing, post the logs for ML, and grab the App Status Scheduled Jobs during the minute after motion goes inactive (be sure to refresh the page during that minute, then take screenshot). Don't need more than that.

Need Scheduled Jobs and Application State.

The App Status I last posted was the App Status in the minute between motion inactivity and the lights going off. There are no scheduled jobs.

I'll get the logs for Motion Lighting capturing from lights on to lights off. I'll post that shortly.

Here's the last 15 mins of logs. Says it's not going to turn off but then does.

and app status again after motion goes inactive and before lights go off.

Please change the delay off time to 2 minutes, and see if that changes the behavior or not. And then after that, change it to 0 minutes. I'm not seeing how this is happening without a scheduled job to turn them off. You're sure that you are browser refreshing the App Status page before the screenshot?

Yes, positive that I'm hitting the refresh button on my browser. I'll change the delay to 2 minutes and let you know.

Something has to wake the app up to turn off the lights, so I don't see how that is happening without a scheduled job.

New settings for 2 minute delay:

Lights still turn off after 1 minute:

1 Like

Something that may help... I see that when the lights come back on after I move they are coming on to 75%. That's definitely the motion rule. My "Working From Home" rule sets them to 100% when my "WFH" switch is turned on.

I think something else is turning the lights off, and ML is reporting that happening.

Please show the In Use By section on the Office Lights device page, at the bottom.

the main group only has buttons and hubconnect client:

The hubconnect "server" only has the dashboard, the working from home rule and a ML app for after 7pm:

I've tried putting the ML rule on both the hub were the "Office Lights" group exists and on the hub connect server, same result.

All well established and working for months prior to 2.1.6.118.

I'm putting in a logging change for ML, so that we can distinguish whether it's ML or some other app that is turning off the lights. I don't know what is going on, but I'm 99% convinced that the ML instance for which you are showing logs and app status is NOT turning it off, because it can't just run on its own after 1 minute. It is reporting the lights being turned off, and it's another app that is doing it.

There was a change made in 2.1.6: It allows ML to turn off lights when motion inactive, even if they are not turned on by ML. So, odds are your other ML instance is turning them off, even though it did not turn them on. Look at its setup, and see if it has the setting for not turning off in certain modes. It needs that now. This would explain why the behavior changed with 2.1.6.

1 Like

The other ML instance for these lights is for 7pm to 11:59pm, it shouldn't be doing anything between 8am and 7pm. I've turned on logging for that ML to verify.

It will still turn them off unless turning off is restricted.

1 Like

And that seems to be exactly what's happening. Crazy, but if that's how ML works now I'll compensate for it.

Thanks for all your help @bravenel!!

That did it. I stayed out of the room just now for 3 minutes and the lights stayed on.

Thanks again!

Sorry it took so long to figure out. So many moving parts, I forgot about that change.