[SOLVED] Motion Lighting Bug in 2.1.6.118?

After updating to 2.1.6.118 my options for disabling motion lighting events are no longer working.

I have a Motion Lighting App setup for my home office and have selected my "WFH" switch as the "switch to disable turning off" and "modes to disable turning off" has "Working From Home" selected. I currently have "WFH" (virtual switch) on and my current mode is "Working From Home" however my lights keep going off on me. I've tried setting one or the other, "switch to disable turning off" or "modes to disable turning off" and that doesn't work either.

Have you tried opening the rule and clicking done. I had a issue similar to that a while ago and that fixed it.

I kinda have to click "done" when I make the change to one or the other. :slight_smile:

OK. So opening the rule and clicking done didn't resolve the issue.
With my issue opening the rule and clicking done resolved it. I had a switch that disabled the rule in mine as well.
You must have a different issue.

yes, I've clicked done many times and no change. Thus my calling it a bug.

1 Like

Next step would be to post a screen shot of how you have the ML set up, and the cog wheel and events pages for it. Also open a log window and grab a sample of what is logged when it goes off when you dont expect it to.

This isn't a new Motion Lighting setup. It's been established for a year. As I said "After updating to 2.1.6.118" it broke.

That is where seeing the logs from the app as suggested above could help staff identify where the problem is. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I need to see the ML main page and the App Status page for it. Will certainly want to track down this bug.

Meanwhile, I will see if I can reproduce the error.

"Modes to disable turning off" is working as expected:

And, "Switch to disable off" is also working as expected:

Here you go. I see "not turning off: wrong mode Working From Home" yet they still turned off.

That's very odd. And it happened over a minute later. I'll look into the code for that a bit deeper to see what could possibly cause that. In the meanwhile, could I suggest that you remove that instance of Motion Lighting, and recreate it. See if it still does the same thing.

I need to see the App Status page for that.

I'll delete and recreate in a bit.

Is this the status page you're looking for? (sorry, had to break it up into 3 screen caps)

Deleting and recreating the rule didn't fix it. Again at exactly 1 minute and 1 second too.

Could you show the events log for the WFH device? That's a button at the top of the device detail page.

If you could catch it during that one minute, take a screenshot of the App Status again. Especially interested to see the Scheduled Jobs section during that minute, but also Application State. Don't need Settings.

Sorry for the delay, didn't work from home yesterday.

Here's the WFH device events for today:

And here's the app status taken in the minute between motion inactive and lights off:

I’m having the same or similar issue in the latest version. After upgrading I my motion lightings stopped working. What I noticed is that my light switches don’t show the right status after motion turns it off at times.

Whoa, that's weird. There is NO scheduled job at all. So it's not like Motion Lighting has scheduled that 1 minute turn off -- something else is causing it.

This is actually not at all similar to the issue being discussed in this thread. You will have to show the Motion Lighting setup page, and logs that show what problem you're having.