[SOLVED] Just starting. Cannot find the hub

Since you have it already. Try restarting the Gateway, and then restart the HE after the gateway has booted.

1 Like

Will do and report. Fortuna iuvat fortes

5 Likes

It's a combo router we have ones like it over here but we don't have "cable" . Ours are a telephone input connection, then they also have a WAN for if you have FTH (Fiber to house) line. It's also for if you need to upgrade and use a better modem, saves you having to replace your router.

Yeah I understand the use case I just expect that a lot of people plug gear into the WAN port and call support when it doesn't work. I've been on fiber for a few years now and haven't had cable for more than a decade so it wasn't something I had thought about. :smiley:

2 Likes

One of my neighbors does this. Once a week it happens. Her son unplugs her Apple TV and plugs in his Xbox. Then he goes away to his dad's house. She connects her Apple TV to the first available port. And it doesn't work.

And then she calls me. Always has good bourbon on hand, so I not complaining :grinning:

4 Likes

I suppose the recurring bourbon enticement would keep you from snipping off an old Ethernet cable end and plugging the white port. I do like someone who has their priorities straight. :wink:

3 Likes

"R. I got to do a little reconfiguration back here. How about a little pour to help my back out?"

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

That can be interpreted in sooo many ways... Hahaha :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Are u sure she’s not doing this on purpose? Sound like she stocks up quite well on the burbon... hehe

2 Likes

People rejoice! Turns out that 1) I had originally plugged the hub in the white (wrong) port of the Verizon router; 2) when I plugged it in a yellow port, that port was "bad". To cut a long story short, the hub is now connected to a working port and has been discovered. Thank you all for your help. It's been a doozie. Be prepared now to be barraged by me with different questions very soon. :grin:

8 Likes

Thank you for sticking through all the hassle! You know the folks here will help to the best of our abilities.

4 Likes

Sometimes... :upside_down_face:
Glad you made it, finally.

4 Likes

Thank you for your continued support always helping others in the community, day in and day out! @Kings

4 Likes