[SOLVED] C-8 migration - some Z-Wave devices not working

The issue is the SiLabs sdk. You can only fudge so much before you lose certification. Hubitat won't do that.

I'm at a bit of a loss. I cannot add any Z-Wave devices to the C-8 now.

You said you rebooted, did you ever do a full shut down and pull power for 30 seconds, then reboot? This is the only way to restart the zwave hardware if it gets jammed up.

Yes, several times.

Pull power for 5 mins

Up above you said you just tried one new device on the C-8, have you tried any others? There have been some reports of certain devices not wanting to pair and then others work fine.

@support_team Anything else to try or submit warranty claim? Warranty – Hubitat Support

Yeah, I've tried five different devices to this point - not a hint of discovery. All of them have no problem pairing with the C-7

1 Like

So, for my history, the only software I have had success with removing ghosts is the SiLabs PC Controller Tool.

If I'm using a Zooz 700 stick, why doesn't Zooz lose certification?

Because it's not a certified hub, it's simply a z-wave stick...

I would suggest that Hubitat offer a USB Stick in their product offerings!

Certainly Hubitat and SiLabs have had conversations about the ghost issue, I would guess. Seems harsh to remove a certification for providing a solution to a top level Z-Wave problem. What is the particular violation in their view?

Thanks for the insight!

Bypassing the SDK

Its not the zwave chip in the stick doing the magic, it is the PC Controller software provided by Silicone Labs. Which is meant to be developer software. Supposedly it uses an older SDK which is more aggressive in removing failed nodes.

With the Hubitat hub, the software is the hub firmware talking to the on board zwave chip.

2 Likes

Please send us a private message to @support_team along with your hub ID so we can further investigate.

1 Like

will do - thanks

@TheCase - any updates on this?

I'm in the exact same scenario. I have a lot of Z-wave (non-plus) devices that are running horrifically under the new C8. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for the device to respond... it's terrible. Never had any of these issues with my C7.

Good to know I'm not alone.

Can you post your z-wave details page?

There's a whole additional thread of at least two of us with similar issues... I tagged you.

@brad5 - can you post the thread (or tag me as well).

Going back to my C7 until this can get sorted as my network has become unuseable.