SolaX Battery offline alert

Afternoon all

Due to the earth leakage from my myriad of smart home devices, occasionally one of my electricity main trip switches will trip. Sod's law dictates that it normally is the bank of circuits that controls my Master SolaX battery, which shuts down my parallel SolaX system. The other circuits are an oven, wine fridge, sockets, and microwave.

I'm thinking that if I add a smart plug to one of the unused sockets I could then create a rule if that becomes unreachable, I get an alert. Anyone with any thoughts?

One option is to plug-in a Ring Z-Wave repeater to those pugs that you want to monitor.

It will report that it is either on mains (power is available) or on battery (no power).

A Rule Machine rule can use that to send you a notification, or perform other actions as needed.

The batteries power the whole house, so there isn't a single socket that is supplied by either mains or battery.

I've fixed this by adding the Solax integration to HA and then monitoring the state of the inverter status of my Slave inverter. This changes to 'Waiting' if it losses connection to the Master device.

1 Like