So what is everyone doing for Perm outdoor Holiday lights

I am curious what everyone's thought is with this kind of setup?

Simply put over the last year or so I have been watching info on Outdoor holiday lights. I finally pulled the trigger. I decide not to go the wled, or other DIY route though and instead picked up the Govee H6172 10m kit to start. It is basically a 10m RGBIC light strip that has been put in a silicon sleeve and then sealed on either end. Seems to work well and is very flexible. Govee has some nice customizations built in and then you can create your own custom automations.

That is all great, but now my problem. I realized yesterday I have no lip on the outside soffits to mount the strip to face towards the house. This means I am pondering a few ideas to resolve this.

1. Find some kind of long piece of medal in a L that I can mount to the soffit that can point the Strip towards the house.
    a. The pro here as I see it is that i can keep the current Govee Strip, and is likely the cheapest option
  2. Get diffusers that are angled again towards the house and away from the street.
    a. This has a chance of improving light diffusion, but as I understand it at the cost of brightness. This also significantly increases cost.
  3. Simply mount the strip to the outer edge soffit and hope it looks good.
    a. This ofcourse is the easiest and just accept how it looks
  4. Replace the strip and instead go with the Govee Neon LED Ropes that are 5m long.
    a. The best thing about this is that these LED Ropes are completely contained and don't need any help with diffusion. You don't see any led's in the strip at all. I can mount this right against the house on the soffit and it will look great. Currently it only comes up to 5m lengths so I would need twice as many, and it uses more power because I think it has more LED's in the rope. It is cheaper then the Outdoor strips though with diffusers, and I don't now how it will measure up to the simple l strip on the soffit.

Thoughts, or what have you all done in the same situation.

1 Like

I started this thread last year...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.