So am I right that Arlec Grid Connect is a no go with Hubitat?

My builder put in some strip lighting and used two Arlec Grid Connect strips joined together. From my brief research it seems like this can’t be managed through Hubitat (short of soldering wires and flashing firmware etc which I have no interest in doing).

I can set these up in Google Home and the Tuya app sees them…but just want to confirm there is no (relatively easy) way to get them in Hubitat?

There is a Tuya custom driver, your strips may be supported. I would not say it's super easy to set up but if I managed it anyone can.

I have the Grid Connect flood light which is not supported by the driver at this time. For this I use IFTTT with it's Hubitat and Smart Life integrations. It's not local but at least I can incorporate the light into my Hubitat rules.

Your post got me thinking, now that Hubitat switches can be used as triggers in Google Home household routines you might be able to control the lights that way.

Cheers. I’ll give that a try.

Just out of curiosity. How's does the Google home integration work for various Arlec Grid devices for any of you? As in what devices and functions can google home integrate/control? Is it just basic switches, so things like RGB LEDs won't have controllable colours or brightness etc?

I'm assuming that you'd add switches for various functions in hubitat. Add them to the Google integration in hubitat. Then create routines in Google home that when those hubitat switches are changed, then do certain Arlec Grid actions (this is the bit is what I can curious is available). Use Hubitat rules machine to flick the switches to activate those routines.

I have the Arlec grid connect floodlight. I can add it to Google Home but can not control it. It shows as a switch with on/off but toggling the switch does not change the floodlight.

Perhaps because the light has 3 settings: on, off and auto it might screw with Google, I'm really not sure. That's why I use IFTTT to link Hubitat with Smart Life.

It's my last cloud based automation but since it works so well and the small delay is not an issue for my use case I haven't bothered installing the Hue light I bought for the porch.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.