SNZB-02 (Sonoff Temp Humidity Sensor), detected by HE but cannot initialized

Are you using the battery cell that came with the sensor? It reads 19% …

Very often the batteries included with the device are of a very bad quality - almost depleted or having a very low capacity (high internal resistance).

When the sensor is paired to the hub, there is a very intensive communication for a few seconds, and these fake batteries can not provide the needed energy for the transmission.

Try pairing again with a brand new cell. It should read 100% battery level.

2 Likes

So true - I've learned that the hard way... Unless it comes plain dead or obviously wonky, I now use the battery it comes with to initially set up / configure the device (since that process can sometimes be battery-intensive), but once clear of all that, I exchange it for a known high-quality battery.

Fortunately, I have a good battery recycling program in my area.

1 Like

Yes you are right, All is well now!

2.7.2023:
I think, that's it! What I had learn along the way in getting this issue sorted are:

• 1st need to build a strong zigbee mesh especially for multiple rooms and levels of houses
  • Use brand new/100% battery level during the pairing of sensor to HE hub
  • try different drivers, for my case after using new batteries during pairing, system existing drivers works with SNZB 02, I had 5 of them pair to the hub.

Huge thanks to kkossev, tom and the rest of the contributors here, it was really helpful to me, you guys are great!
That's all!

1 Like