[SNEAK PEEK] Z-Wave firmware updating inside HE

Hmmmm...:thinking: I am guessing the Iris 3210-L will have to be updated via Zigbee, not Z-wave.

1 Like

Actually it’s 2 firmwares..

1 Like

Interesting....

1 Like

It’s a zigbee switch.. That they slapped a z-wave chip in.. There is a connection between the 2 because you can trigger a z-wave learn from a zigbee command

2 Likes

@bcopeland

Curious how the progress with this is coming along. Any updates to share? Thanks for such an amazing effort.

-Travis

1 Like

Out of curiosity could this make flashing the peanut devices easier?

1 Like

No those are zigbee... you can buy a knockoff almond router and swap out the firmware with almonds and pair and do the update that way. Not worth it tho as the plugs seem very twitchy with respect to routing.

4 Likes

peanuts are zigbee ..

1 Like

Close man.. Getting close to release..

6 Likes

I don’t have any issues with the peanuts currently for routing. Actually do a better job than expected. But I do not have the latest firmware hence I don’t have energy monitoring.

1 Like

Thank you, @bcopeland, this is a very useful addition.

2 Likes

I’ve been using FW.3.05 since December 2019 in my pair of zen22’s. No issues.

1 Like

YW.. It was a fun project

3 Likes

If you want to try to update... get this (if in US):

download the Almond 2015 firmware and install...

https://www.securifi.com/software-update

Warning: I am not responsible for borked routers etc etc etc... just relaying some info and experience - follow at your own risk! :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t see Z-Wave as an option on that device though...just Zigbee.

1 Like

The device in the link was for another poster who interested in updating Peanut plugs. It only does Zigbee.

4 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you for your work, so convenient to be able to update firmware with your tool. Hoorey.
Quick question: I've updated 6 of 7 of Red Dimmers. Yet, one pops an Out of Memory message towards the end and fails.... Any ideas?

Best regards.

You probably want to post in the thread bcopeland linked just above yours.

3 Likes

Yes, I just did. Thanks.