SmartWings Shades

Just purchased two Honeycomb/Cellular shades with Zigbee motors. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually pair these with my Hubitat C7. I held the motor button down for 6 seconds till the shades jog twice, then I try to manually add a Zigbee device and the system just times out after 90 seconds of trying to look for a device. Am I totally missing something right now or am I just being a Hubitat noob? Surely it shouldn't be this difficult? Motor: WM24F/Z.

I just bought three of these shades.

Two work and paires with my c7, while the third doesn't get into pairing mode at all.

I reached out to their support as well.
If you figure out the issue, please let me know.

I finally got them to work and I couldn't figure out why. I reached out the Smartwings and they told me you need to have the blinds taught with a remote first before you can pair them. The two that worked was probably already factory paired/taught with the remote. Do the remote pairing, then teach the top and bottoms before you try C7 pairing. Man I spent hours on this...Now I need help getting them added into a group and controlling them via a group. Not sure how to do this yet. I added them as dimmers in a group so it would show up in the devices tab. But any controls I shoot into it are not working, so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Also the battery is showing up as 100% even after a day or two, so something else might be weird there as well.

1 Like

What do you mean do remote pairing?
I already paired a single remote to all of them.
Two were able to enter Zigbee pairing and the third wasn't...
It's all very frustrating...

Battery staying at 100% makes sense, It's rated at 600 ups and downs, so it doesn't surprise me that you didn't see any battery decline.

That's what I thought too when I paired the remote. But I think you need to make sure the top and bottom positions are also set as well. Not 100% sure though. I may test this out on my next set of blinds -> factory reset, pair remote, don't teach top and bottom positions, and try to pair with C7 to see if it enters zigbee pairing mode.

I ended up doing a factory reset and setting up all limits from scratch.
Still not discoverable / won't go into pairing mode.

I noticed that the battery level only updates when a command is sent such as open or close, but it doesn't update battery with refresh? I would like to poll the battery levels every so often but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this? Thanks,