Smartwings Matter Cellular Shades

I just installed smartwings matter cellular shades, and they successfully connect (through Alexa as thread border router) to hubitat using the Smartwings Matter Driver. Problem is, the cellular shades have 2 motors (up and down for shade top, up and down for shade bottom), but the smartwings matter driver only supports one motor (up and down for shade bottom). Does anybody know of a smartwings matter driver that supports two motors? Or a way to switch from shade bottom to shade top? For my application, I really will only be opening and closing the shade from the top. Thanks in advance.

Switch temporarily to the HE inbuilt 'Device' driver and click on the 'Get Info' button.
Please post the device fingerprints that should appear in the live logs.

fingerprint endpointId:"02", inClusters:"0003,0004,001D,002F,0102", outClusters:"", model:"SmartWings Levitate with DUCTECH", manufacturer:"DUCTECH", controllerType:"MAT"

dev:1242024-04-15 05:05:07.640 PMinfofingerprint endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0003,0004,001D,002F,0035,0102", outClusters:"", model:"SmartWings Levitate with DUCTECH", manufacturer:"DUCTECH", controllerType:"MAT"

1 Like

Yep, this device exposes two CURTAIN device endpoints via Matter.

Until a dedicated driver is written for HE, you can try using the community developed Matter Advanced Bridge, it should create two child devices.

I installed Matter Advanced Bridge, change the driver to Matter Advanced Bridge, and pressed _Discover All. It did indeed find 2 devices and 2 endpoints (along with some other interesting facts), but it did NOT create two child devices. So, I'm not really sure what to do with this. I read the wiki page, but found no clues there. Am I missing something?

Never mind the last comment. I found the child drivers.

1 Like

It was not clear that you need to refresh the bridge device web page, I suppose?

Thank you, that works!

1 Like

And yes, it was a page refresh problem. That would be a helpful addition to the wiki page.

1 Like

I woke up this morning and the hubitat interface to my blinds (through Matter Advanced Bridge) was no longer working. The link between the blinds and alexa was still working fine. Matter Advanced Bridge shows healthStatus as offline. I tried Refresh, Initialize, ReSubscribe, Ping and _DiscoverAll and nothing works. _DiscoverAll returns the following error: ERROR during the Matter Bridge and Devices discovery : ERROR during the Matter Bridge and Devices discovery (state BRIDGE_GLOBAL_ELEMENTS_WAIT).

Should a disconnect from Matter Advanced Bridge overnight be expected?

Is there a recommended way to make things right again?

Can you show a screenshot of the Settings-> Mattter page?
Do you have any other Matter devices and are they working?

You can try first disabling the Matter interface from the page mentioned above, then enable it again.

Testing of the Matter connection is easy clicking on the Ping(button) If no connection, after 10 seconds you will see “Timeout!” For the RTT attribute.

You can see when the connection has been lost looking at the Events history (the button on the top of the parent device).

Usually, rebooting the hub is the last resort to bring the Matter device back online.

I do not have any other matter devices; only the one smartwings shade.

Disabling and reenabling the matter interface did not work.

Ping times out every time.

Rebooting the hub did not correct the problem. It still times out.

Rebooting the alexa device did not correct the problem. It still times out.

I think you should be able to see the screen shots through the link below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nDVDU_KDmmMWj7QjNKmza1QJRu6IHMhT?usp=sharing

I guess I'll move my rules to the alexa or interface the hubitat with the alexa with virtual switches. That'll probably work.

Hi @tom.pionke , sorry to hear about the connectivity problems. Did you manage to get the shades back online?

I did not. Alexa and the shades are doing fine, but there is something wrong with the Alexa to Hubitat relationship. For now, I’ve put my automation in Alexa. I’ve tried many things … rebooting hub, rebooting Alexa, uninstalling and reinstalling driver, changing driver, and nothing works. Maybe this problem will fix itself after a few software upgrades.

Any Matter device must respond to the 'Get Info' button when the standard HE inbuilt 'Device' driver is assigned. The specific device driver(s) come into play after establishing a stable connection.

But I understand the smartwings to be a thread device, and the Hubitat does not have a thread radio, so it interfaces to the smartwings through the Alexa. Maybe the problem resides within smartwings, but Alexa is more than an innocent bystander in this connection.

1 Like