SmartThings Outlet Comes up as ? (question mark) in Dashboards

The outlet functions in my automations, but when it loads in a dashboard, the icon is a question Mark and pushing the tile does nothing.

The outlet came in as Generic Zigbee Outlet and AFAIK, I have changed no options.

I have tried both Switch and Outlet as the Dashboard template.

Thanks for any help.

Do you have on and off buttons on the device page for this device?

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Maybe go back on the Dashboard Configuration and try disabling/enabling the outlet on the Choose Device page...?

1 Like

Yes, and the buttons work, but there is no Current State listed.

Thanks. I tried that, but it made no difference. However, doing this made me notice a few things. I have three Smartthings plugs. Two are round and say “Smartthings Outlet” and one says “Samsung Smartthings” and it is shaped differently. The one marked Samsung works as expected in the dashboard, but the other two do not. Also, the two that don’t work in dashboards don’t report Last Activiy in the device list. Curious.

What device driver are they using?

Is that the same as “Type”? They all say “Generic Zigbee Outlet.”

In the Device Details, the ones that don’t work in Dashboard say

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 11
  • firmwareMT: 1241-0050-00000011
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0009,0B04,0B05
  • manufacturer: Samjin
  • model: outlet
  • outClusters: 0003,0019
  • softwareBuild:

Ah! I just discovered a 4th—also a Samsung Smartthings—that works properly. Those say, in Device Details:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 12
  • firmwareMT: 110A-0014-00000012
  • manufacturer: SmartThings
  • model: outletv4
  • powerCluster: 0B04
  • softwareBuild: 00000012

The ones that don’t work - have you tried clicking configure on the device page?

yes if the devices on the device page dont have a state ie on/off it doesnt know what to display..

Yay!!! Configure did the trick! I had pressed that before (on other devices, I suppose) and couldn’t notice a difference in the page. This time I saw that it added Current State to the Device page and Last Activity to the Device List. Both are now working in Dashboard. I have learned a lot. Thank you all very much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.