SmartThings Outlet (2018) power not reporting Generic Zigbee Outlet

I would like to second this request!

I found the ‘ Iris Smart Plug’ driver by Steve White works for my smartthings outlet. I did what to drop the reporting down to .5 before it started working.

1 Like

I had some weird behaviour with mine that I bought recently, which I am assuming are the 2019 model, zigbee and advertised as having power monitoring.

I bought 3 plugs and 2 reported power and 1 didn't. This ended up suiting me as I chose to put the one that did not report onto my mesh for my Conbee2 stick I use to run my Ikea on/off switches. I looked in deConz and it is reporting a power reading, so not sure why this wasn't happening when connected to my C-4 HE hub.

One of the two that were reporting power in HE has my dyson cordless vacuum plugged in and will alternate quite frequently between 0 and 22 / 23 watts. Though today it was reporting at one point to be drawing 65kW, so I'm not sure it's entirely accurate.

I don't have any basis for saying whether these issues are with HE or the plugs, just wanted to capture my experience. Happy to do any testing, etc. Might check out the driver above, thanks for posting the link @damianm.

Simon

I’m pretty sure the issues are with the HE drivers as I just migrated them all from a SmartThings v2 hub and the power reporting was working fine for all the same outlets (new and old) under ST zig bee.

1 Like

There's a bug in the driver released in 2.2.4 in how it detects different reporting configurations.
This fix will be released in platform 2.2.5

You should be able to use the GE Zigbee Switch driver to get power reporting until the generic driver is fixed...

5 Likes

I am having a problem with power reporting on the generic outlet driver with my Telstra branded, SZ-ESW01-AU. Posted about the issue here, and was referred here to this topic as a possible solution. In a nutshell, it looks like the power is being reported 100 times what it should be.

1 Like

2.2.5 is here and the bug is still present on my c-5.

reporting configuration for Metering (cluster 0x0702), attribute 0x0400 failed, unsupported attribute

I'm seeing the same thing with my Samsung outlets, inflated power reporting on the GE driver.

I was having issues with the power reporting on my Sinopé Outlet using the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver. Power reporting is working for my SmartThings outlets but I am using Steve's Enhanced Smart Plug Driver for them. Strangely, when I switched my Sinopé Outlet to that driver and then back to the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver, power reporting started working.

1 Like

I can confirm this too. I stuck with the generic driver as I thought it was fixed :rofl:

I do get power reports but that error only came up after I hit the config button

For those having power reporting issues with the generic driver.
Please do the following.
Please run configure if you haven't already done so.
If the device still isn't reporting, or is reporting incorrectly, please provide the following info.

Manufacturer and model shown in the driver data section.
The result of the reporting configuration command shown in the live logs.
The issue, ie no power reports, incorrect scale reading is 10x or 0.1x actual ect.

3 Likes

The configure looks vat this stage like it has solved it for me, but I will leave it go for another day or so to make sure. Thanks Mike.

Just been playing around with it and for me it reports if it's set to 1W but anything else not really. Wonder if it's off by a factor of 10?

Sinope Outlet user here, the reconfigure thing worked for me after upgrading to 2.2.5.

:slight_smile:

Hi guys, this is not exactly related to this topic, but it's as close as I could find.

Could someone please explain to me what the two options in the Generic Zigbee Outlet driver do / mean? TIA!

Power reporting is if your plug supports energy metering, it will report the power consumed by what ever you have plugged into it. So if it's set to 10 watts then will fire a report if the current value is greater or less than 10 watts from the previous value. The flash rate is how quick the indicator light will flash i.e. on/off

1 Like

Got it! All clear. Cheers!

@mike.maxwell - I got two second-hand SmartThings / CentraLite outlets, both connected using the generic driver. One of them reports power, no issues, but the other one doesn't. Here is the info you requested:

Untitled

@johnwill1 -- can you confirm that both of them reported power in your setup? So that a hypothesis of a faulty device can be eliminated? Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. It looks like it just needed a bit of time to warm up -- working now.

Great - you had me worried there! Both were reporting power in SmartThings. It’s not a feature I used but I could see it in the SmartThings IDE.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.