Smartly inject not working in 2.3.3 (Now working in 2.3.4?)

NP...

That is weird. I'll add a dimmer device to a new dashboard and see if it works.

1 Like

Created a new dashboard and added the dimmer and it works fine.

1 Like

Grrrr, just my luck :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can't think of any great ideas...I don't really use my dashboards very much and haven't had to troubleshoot an issue like this.

No worries, thx for trying though.
I guess I'll try to start from scratch and see what it does. It's just that I'd gotten so far in that I'm trying to salvage it rather than restart. I had just assumed that everything would work as expected given that the injector was working fine so I'd already plonked all my devices on the dash, renamed everything, chosen my icons and got a nice layout going so was hoping it was just a setting I had missed.
If I manage to figure out what happened, I'll post back in case it helps anybody else out.

Yeah unfortunately can confirm that this is working fine with another new dash and just one dimmer device.
Something must've gotten thrown out of whack when I was moving things around...
Guess I'll have to start again from scratch :unamused:
Will keep my eye on this now as I continue to rebuild to make sure I can determine if/when it breaks again (hopefully not of course!).
Sorry for reopening this thread for nothing!

3 Likes

I am having trouble getting Smartly to work correctly.

I have added smartly (added and uninstalled multiple times)

1. Used HPM to install and then removed it
  2. Saved the file to note pad and then uploaded via file manger

I have created multiple new dashboards and do not see smartly as either a device to add or available as a tile to add once the new dashboard is created...It's just not there.

Here are some screen shots

1. File manager page showing the file is in the hub

2. No Smartly to add when creating a new DB - Should be between Rachio and Thermostat

3. Not showing as an available tile

SUPER GOOD CHANCE that this is user error but wanted to see if there might be some assistance that you all could offer.

I am using a mac (current OS) and Safari as the browser.

You still need to create an actual Smartly device. New Device --> Virtual --> Smartly driver. Then add that to your dashboard first. It's been my experience that you always want Smartly to be the first tile. I ran into issues where I inserted it later then later on deleted an old tile, Tile #0, that I wasn't using anymore (or so I thought, smartly buries some stuff in there regardless of what tile number the smartly device uses) and that fubarred everything.

3 Likes

Yup - very good direction from @wecoyote5 ...

Choose Virtual Device

Select the Smartly Inject driver and save your changes.

Then you'll find the option to add the Smartly device to your dashboard.

2 Likes

I set up the virtual device as suggested and was able to add to dashboard....I get a question mark and no paw int eh top right corner

Check out this video and discussion, there may be one or two steps you still need to do.

Went through he video and then another video of his specifically on Smartly install and I get all the way through and add the tile...In his video the tile disappears and the paw shows up...My tile is created but does not disappear and no paw shows up.

The one in green is the tile that I created by following his instructions

I have meticulously followed the step-by-step instructions provided in the DIY Smart Home Guy's video titled 'FINALLY! Hubitat Dashboard Drag and Drop - works like magic.'

However, I'm encountering two issues:

1. The 'Drag and Drop' tile is persistently visible and isn't disappearing as expected.
  2. The interactive element (paws) necessary for enabling Drag and Drop functionality is not appearing.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!

Try this:

Go to File Manager,
Download smartly.js (it should have 248.83 kB) to your local PC, save it as file name 0f211437-fff7-592d-bd7d-4c0524cfeeb7-smartly.js
Download smartly-injected.min.css (69.90 kB), save it as a08eec5a-f464-51de-bd7c-5a9b622676d7-smartly-injected.min.css
Download usermode.json (5.42 kB or 5.43 kB), save it as 3e258ced-82e0-5387-90c2-aa78743abff5-usermode.json

Upload the files with the new names to File Manager, ONE BY ONE (not all 3 at once). Select file, press Upload, select again, etc.

Refresh the dashboard where the Smartly device is included, paw should appear.

Lemme know if it works for you.

*LE: if your smartly.js file has another size, grab the original from here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/markus-li/Hubitat/bfae94455db8e8c83e3b17bf3b0abedf5e7908f2/assets/smartly.js

3 Likes

To Hide the Drag and Drop tile, try this:

Find the tile ID (Edit device by pressing the 3 dot icon, note the tile id)

Go to the dashboard cogwheel menu, Advanced, CSS, add this line:
#tile-8{visibility: hidden}
Replace 8 with your own tile ID, then Save CSS

Cheers!

1 Like

Alternatively, instead of renaming the files, it appears you just need to tweak the reference to the usermode.json file in the Smartly Inject driver, removing the extra characters and numbers.

For a fresh install:

• Install the Smartly Inject driver using HPM
  • Go to the Drivers Code page, clicking on the Smartly Inject driver
  • Press Ctrl+F and search for usermode
  • Take out the prefix "3e258ced-82e0-5387-90c2-aa78743abff5-", leaving just usermode.json

• Save the changes to the driver
  • Create a new Virtual Device, using the Smartly Inject driver
  • Open a dashboard configuration page and add the Smartly Inject device to the list of devices for the dashboard
  • Open the dashboard, adding a tile with the Smartly Inject Device, Attribute Template, javascript attribute
  • Click the Paw Icon that appears alongside the refresh Green Tick icon to access the Drag and Drop feature, arranging and resizing your tiles, then clicking the disk icon to save the changes
6 Likes

Aha!

Nice one @sburke781 ! I shall use your wisdom as well.

Cheers,
Sebastian

2 Likes

I can confirm these steps worked for me on the latest firmware 2.3.7.145 on a C8.

2 Likes

I tried the 2nd method of drag and drop from RLITHGOW1 above video, there are 2 methods only the second works for me but as soon as I add any battery icon in the dashboard I loose the PAW ? if I remove any battery icon I get the PAW back ?
any ideas why ? I got C8 PRO Platform version 2.3.8.139

Subtle like @danabw .... and @lcw731 :wink:

@mwloo - I'll see what I can work out over the weekend... If I forget (quite possible) give me a poke.... We should be able to sort you situation out, given other peoples experience.