Smartly dash on a rooted Fire HD 7

@spelcheck or @TechMedX I'm wondering if you can point me in the right direction. I created a new dashboard and ran it through Smartly. It's meant to be displayed on a fire HD 7, although the device is rooted and running LineageOS. I can't get the tiles to fit to the available screen space and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, unless the Fire HD 7 screen calibration is just way different than what the device does now that it's running a different android OS?

If I make the dashboard 6 tiles wide, the tiles don't fill the available space to the right. If I make the dashboard 7 tiles wide, then the last tile spills over to the right of the screen.

There are four rows, but only half of the vertical screen real estate is used...

Should I try the zoomy option?

7x4 tiles:

6x4 tiles:

Go to whatismyviewport.com on the device and get both landscape and portrait #s. Use those numbers calibrate smartly. Post them here to so @spelcheck can possible work his magic to add them into smartly.

In landscape I get 1024px x 600 px.

In portrait it's 600px x 1024 px.

That's in fully kiosk browser's fullscreen mode with no address bar, tabs, or anything showing but the page.

Thanks!

Add the Zoomy tile and grab it's numbers (do it both ways). If you cut and paste those numbers it should be right.

It should look something like this

@media screen and (max-width: 1024px) and (min-width:1020px){.dashboard{zoom:0.95;}}

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) and (min-width:596px){.dashboard{zoom:0.9xxxx;}}

Paste it into the bottom of your custom CSS. Let us know the correct values, so we can add them

1 Like

yeah I'm pretty sure LOS default display dpi is higher (smaller fonts, etc) than stock. smartly calibration uses stock dpi. you'll need to install zoomy tile and grab the custom code it generates for you.l as tech suggests

Got it, that make sense. Thanks for the pointers, it looks much better now after using the zoomy tile!

2 Likes

Can I ask how your controlling your phone like that? This would save me a lot of hassle :smiley:

Thats @spelcheck fancy emulator I think he made that video. I can use teamview to remote control a non iPhone but that cost big bucks (business expense). Also you can pair Bluetooth mouse to phone might be similar.

1 Like

Ah no worries :wink: I've been looking for a way to control my iPhone from a PC for a while lol.

1 Like

Apple does not allow it (unless bail broken). Even with Team viewer corporate edition I can only could control android phones. I can see iPhones remotely not control them

1 Like