Smart ZigBee Strip Light Switch Controller for HE

No problem. Yes, the Sylvannia Flex Starter Kit. I don't think the gateway is included. Unless this is a picture of a different box. It did not come with my kit and that is exactly what I bought, on 10/9/2016, so sayeth Amazon. I really like that info on the Amazon page when you have purchased an item. The item in the top right of the right side picture is the controller. I should call it the receiver. That "receives" the signal from HE.

I bought these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ZNK7TG/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But do a search on Amazon for light strip connectors. There are thousands. You'll be able to find exactly what you need.

I'm still curious as to how you are asking for the colors but It seems apparent there is an issue with yours. When I tell Alexa to change the color it is accurate. How many light strips are on the back of that crib or bed? I ask because on the middle photo, it looks like there is also a light strip that is white.

Go it... now is clear for me, I have to buy the gateway apart (more money uff).
The connectors you show me are exactly the ones I need, they just perfect for my project. THANKS

Now looking for other cheaper option...
Will this can be connected directly with Hubitat Hub?

I see Quotra Wireless Smart Dimmer as a compatible device but I haave no clue is thsi driver can be used with this strip light.

I am trying to save money here.... sylvania is way to expensive for just a strip light.

Any other brand as a suggestion? please include link if possible

Keep in mind, you don't have to buy the gateway. As helene7t7 pointed out, it is not needed to work with HE. If for some reason it did not work properly, a firmware update might correct the problem. I had to do this back when I was on ST as the driver would not work unless the light strip was on the latest firmware. But, as I said before, it might be possible with HE, I just don't know. There is a topic for it, Support of OTA firmware updates for Z-Wave / Z-Wave Plus devices.

Sorry, that is for z-wave.

I suggest to visit this thread, there are all the cheap options, links, drivers. Wifi by the way.

Nice kit to start

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07783DBRD/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_yB.hCbNDKD9NA

1 Like

But CAZ then... now I'm confused.
You said the gateway is how the strips light get connected to hubitat hub.
And that gateway is not included so? how the strips light will connect the HE hub? they have a another controller?

Thanks vjv I did before post here but if you read the complete article you will that project have some problems and it needs some adjustments yet.....

Any idea about other option? with my frist suggestion (controller + strip) I can get the strip lights working for less than 50USD...... more than 50 I think is too much for just some strip lights.

1 Like

I have it working but with the older driver, the one I suggested is the RGB and it should work fine. I have the RGBW. They have their own app so you can use it too.

For the options you posted, the problem is the driver, there is no driver for those. I know there is other controllers but they are expensive, plus the strip is apart the cost.

1 Like

No, the light strip pairs directly to the HE hub, you do not need the Osram Gateway to do that. Take a look at the pictures in the photo I posted. The "Gateway" is in the left side picture and states "Sold separately". What you see in the right side picture in the upper right corner is the controller that come with the kit. The plug goes into the socket, then to the controller, then to the lights. The kit is all you need to connect to HE.

That Quotra strip you linked to is $49.98 for 80", the Osram is $44.83 for 72".

I have one and can confirm this!

Go it now.. I was confusing the controller with the gateway.... I though they were the same.... sorry.
Thanks CAZ.
By the way.. will be possible to have a whatsapp conversation with you in order to clearify some points on my end? my cell +53-54489697. I will appreciate somebody to check my project before I purchase the devices....

There are a couple of my MagicHome drivers in that set that seem to have an issue with slowdown—I’m actively working to address this, and I’ve been running a good number of them with no slow down at all for about two weeks on two hubs.

The MagicHome Kit VJV listed is good—I’ve seen some kits with 2 sets of strips that are as low as $15 on amazon :slight_smile: Truly a great starter kit, and it’s easy to swap the controller for Zigbee or something else down the road.

I finally decided for the Sylvania Starter Kit... it looks the safer option here :wink:
For a guy who is starting on this automate world I think will be better to have some devices first with no too many complications... then I can go deeper as all of you... who looks as expertises on these matters, LOL :smiley:

Anyway.. I just want to thank all of you for your fast responding and I promise to let you know how everything goes once I mount everthing. I fall in love with this Hubitat for sure.

And again... if somebody have some minutes for me to have a whatsup conversation It will be great... please remember english is not my mother tongue so .... be patient with me.

1 Like

One Sylvania light strip

I ask Google and I'm using lifx control drivers from here.

Oye cuando quieras, suerte!

Gracias vjv.... I think you have to add my cell number to your contact right?
and call me or give me you number too to add it on my end? let me know... my cell number is +5354489697.

Please take into account I cannot be connected all the time as my connection is for just 30hour per month..... let me know if you can call now or when are you available.

Ni siquiera me di cuenta que hablas español jajajaja.... me avisas por favor cuando puedas llamarme para conectarme.

I sent message on WhatsApp.

I'm pretty sure that's your issue. I'm not aware of any lifx drivers as they are wifi and I remember reading that lifx isn't even supported. Change the driver to the "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" and give that a try.