Smart track lighting?

I am looking to put some tracking lighting in the house.

I would like something that I can control colors, but that seems to be something that just does not exist, so i might just end up doing track lighting and putting just some smart bulbs in.

Unless there is something out there that is zigbee/zwave or even local wifi controlled?

ideas?

It's not cheap, but there is this, and it is, of course, Zigbee:

A quick Google search provides some other results, though most not from brand names I've heard of and some that don't even look like what I'd consider "track lighting," but that's probably worth a shot too to see if anything else meets your needs.

If you want color/CT control, you'll pretty much need smart bulbs. An alternative to the above is any track lighting that takes medium (E27) base bulbs, where you can use whatever track lighting you want -- that supports this kind of bulb -- plus any of the many smart bulbs that come in this base, which is nearly any. Being track lighting, a BR or PAR form factor would probably work best, but even an A19 or similar could work. You may also be able to find some that takes other bases for which smart bulbs are available, like candelabra (E12), though probably with far fewer options; or GU24 (or other sizes like this), also likely with fewer but maybe with more track-lighting-looking options.

1 Like

wow! yea, that is insane, and not worth it!

yea, I think Smart bulbs might be the thing I need to do.. just get an H-Track and some smart bulbs that fit. I was hoping for something, but in hindsight, if I didn't already see something like it, i knew it was gonna be a far call. if I want to keep it just white, I will just do a switch i suppose.

thx

There are many types of track lamps available for accent lighting or task lighting. You can purchase an RGB+CCT lamp to set the static color or dynamic mode and adjust brightness and color temperature.