Smart Thermostat for Hydronic Radiant Floor Heating

We have radiant floor heating in our basement that uses a propane broiler to pump hot water through the pipes.

Right now, those thermostats are not smart. Does anyone have favorite products for those? From what I’ve read, you can’t just use a regular smart thermostat since it needs to be able to control the broiler as well?

Thanks in advance!

Check Sinopé's thermostats
If I recall they have a unit with a remote temperature sensor specific to this purpose.

1 Like

Depends on your boiler system. Mine has no remote sensor capability. Sinope will likely have one that works for you. Nest has a floor heating setting and works for me.

Sinope does indeed.

2 Likes

Can you tell me more about the Nest your have? Is that only for electric floor heating only? I don't know much about our boiler system to be honest.

Thank you! Will definitely check this out!! Do you know on top of your head if there's a Hubitat (or at the very least Alexa) integration?

Found it! This seems perfect! [RELEASE] Sinope Device Drivers with advanced functionality

Will pick up 3 of the Zigbee ones :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the integration I use. Our home is electricly heated, so we have 8 Sinope thermostats of varying types and models and it works fantastic with all of them.

1 Like

I'm using an old Nest Gen 2. You get to select the fuel and how the system is used. My old system had a dumb thermostat (electronic version of the mercury switch). The mode of heating is really just there to control the deadband/hysteresis as floor heating is slow due to the mass and materials of the floor.