Smart pool monitor pHin

I just want to know ph/chlorine without having to walk out and test it. Maybe add an alert if I leave the house and ph or chlorine is wrong, remind me to go buy more? I’m not trying to automate dispensing, just trying to evade the nagging “have you checked the pool”

1 Like

So I have one of these and have an account. The data is in AWS and authentication happens via cognito and involves some AWS4Auth calls to access the lambda functions that return the json for the app (and webapp). Yes, there is a webapp (WaterGuru). I’ve gotten as far as I can in python trying to get the data out, but running into some authentication errors. Be glad to share what I have if someone has done this kind of exercise before; I’m also willing to share my account if someone wants to give it a go.

Spent my week off reverse engineering this and now have a rough WaterGuru integration written [RELEASE] WaterGuru Pool Integration. It does require a python app being run because the auth routines are pretty complex, and I don't believe Hubitat has whitelisted the native AWS libs for us to use. Either way, it works for me and that's who I was building it for.

It’s all a moot point

PHIN service by Hayward Pool has ceased operations and the servers will shut down on 12/20/2021

Then again someone might want to write an App that would allow continued Bluetooth operations that don’t need the corporate cloud

And that's exactly why I (usually) don't buy devices that only report back to a proprietary cloud portal..

If they would have made it report back to mqtt or something generic, the device would live on...

Eff them and their proprietary cloud crap.

Disclaimer: I'm not a pool owner and so I have no horse in this. Just thought I would post here in case it helps someone that does have a pool.

I knew I remembered a conversation about sensing pool pH. Here's a way to do it for very low cost and bring that into HA. You could then make actionable notifications in HE using one of the two integration. Probably HE -> HA with virtual switches and HA automations would work best.

1 Like