Smart Locks for the Uk

Ok thanks, didnt notice that on the installation video.

1 Like

Can you set it to stay open? or does it automatically close all the time?

Yeah, you can change the relock time.

As well as turning that off :+1:

thanks for that, i need to look at the instructions, from what ive seen on the videos the L1 seems far more fully featured but will mean a lot more work on my part, more research required!

Yeah agree, I've looked at that for the porch door. The other is on the inner door, so we still have a mortice lock on the outer. They look quite good, although quite massive too. I'm not sure if that would serve as a deterrent, or a target :expressionless:

The L1 is a great bit of kit and I have never had any problems with it. The only issue with the L1 is it’s designed for upvc doors were you lift the handle to engage the 3 point locks.
The mortice lock you put in the link looks just as well built as the L1 from what I have seen.

1 Like

Its a common misconception that multipoint locks are for composite and upvc doors only, you can get multipoint lock systems for wooden doors as well.

the yale lockmaster 3 deadbolt multipoint system is such a system. i can buy the lockset for 50/60 quid but id only have to actually fit one of the sections for it to work, the other 2 are optional and it will work without them.

the questions i need to be asking myself are:

1. is the mortice latch version as fully featured as the L1 euro style?
  2. its likely that the old wooden door will be replaced eventually, do i want to spend Β£100 now on something i wont use in the future
  3. do i want to spend Β£60 on a locking system that will go to waste later even though ill be able to swap the L1 over to the new door.

decisions, decisions! but at least the research is almost done!

1 Like

Hi Can you tell me about the virtual keys please? if i issue one to someone and then take it back or if i issue one for a time limited period, do i get to reuse it or doe i have to pay their rip off price of 2.99 to buy another?

I have this same lock installed here in London. I have been able to get it working with Lock Code Manager with the "keyWe Z-Wave Lock" driver. It's still clunky, but basic functionality is there. Nevertheless, RFID tags are still a manual operation on the lock itself, although they do work realiably, and ARE re-usable @mdwaring .

1 Like

Sadly, I have never been able to get hubitat to read the lock code user/name information back from the lock for entries and exits. I'm guessing this is a bug (@mike.maxwell ) on the hubitat side, because the information is there and gets logged when the lock is installed to SmartThings.

Yeah that driver was chosen automatically, but I changed it. I really cant remember why TBH. I'm going to set it back and give it a whirl. Cheers for that.

Based on the following comments from Mike M. You probably want to be running this version of HE too: Release 2.1.9 Available

Yeah I was already on a higher version than that, so maybe a bug....

Same here. I just tried getting the Lock Codes off again to Notifier, and still no go. I can get the simple lock events, but Lock Codes never seems to trigger a notification. @mike.maxwell ?

I now see what the issue was with this.

The default is a 10 digit code for codeLength, mine is 6 (and supported by the lock). But if I hit configure, it changes this back to 10.

you have to change it via the actual lock, the driver codeLength command doesn't update the codeLength on the actual lock

1 Like

Good to know @mike.maxwell, thanks. But doesn't that beg the question, why is it there? :slight_smile:
Or, are you able to update that with some locks?

don't remember honestly...

1 Like

Hahaha, brilliant :smiley:

Just good to know that it doesn't trash the one I set :+1: Thanks @mike.maxwell

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.